Subject Author Posted Replies

Maxi Solo 3 60
Likely to be due to inadequate water circulation through it - probably due to pump failure or a blockage.
3
3

What is the cost and time involved in transferring a .co.uk domain?
I'm getting noises from a domain owner that this is a difficult process. Can anyone outline the procedure?
8
8

Right angle driver attachments
Do these things actually work? Also they vary wildly in price. Is this one worth getting? It's certainly cheap enough, but do you need something to hold onto to stop the whole thing revolving? Is it...
4
4

Re: Wifi calling on payge sim and a cheap phone?
In message , Brian Gaff writes Umm.. They will still find a way to bump up the monthly charge:-( Vodafone (because they have a reasonable signal strength. Even Madeira!) Fixed price sim only contract...
7
7

Curious said Alice OT
Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit! Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is not the first three letters?
11
11

a party
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various differences of opinion which would ensue. To see and hear each...
19
19

Could proximity to an electricity sub-station be the cause of flickering lights?
A long shot, I know, and this is not in the UK either but I wondered if having an electricity substation immediately over the road could be the direct cause of interference to the domestic lighting or...
13
13

What's this possibly plumbing item
Anyone know what this is: or who makes/made them and where to get spares?
16
16

Weird! why is there no way to unscrew my basin waste?
I have a pop up waste (controlled as usual by a rod) on a bathroom basin that I was hoping to change to a sprung waste, cos the pop up thingie no longer works. BUT having removed the rod and basin...
14
14

OT: accessing old emails from UKLinux
In the dark days of 56K modems and tenner-a-month accounts I had an account with UK and out of interest I just tried to login but I don't think it exists any longer. I then tried $telnet 110 and it...
6
6

New Wheeler Dealers
You do know that he was already a very well known mechanic BEFORE he appeared on Wheeler Dealers, don't you?
42
42

5mm Sliding door seals
I'd like to replace the seal at the bottom of a curved sliding door. The door is 5mm thick glass and around long 700mm. The "tail is around 12mm long but the gap is just over 16mm so it could be...

LED indicator for 240V power
Just starting to work on the extractor hood fan that failed over Christmas. It is a LAM2502/3 as detailed here There is a 5 button control panel at the front of the hood. Light push on/push off...
9
9

Spare 13A switch in wall
In our kitchen, there are four electrical things all together. Dual 13A sockets, and two switches below, one with a neon and one just plain. Fine, except I can't work out at the moment what the second...
5
5

Old smoke alarms recycle ?
I have some old smoke alarms, is there any use for them or must i dump them, if so where to recycle them? [george]
10
10