Subject Author Posted Replies

Lights for Doll's House
My granddaughter has a new wooden doll's house. I want to fit some internal lights - battery driven. Any suggestions - even websites? Cheers
11
11

Grr... CH system and braided hose bother
I?m getting an awful feeling of déjà vu today. I was round at my mother?s flushing her CH system when she commented that the bathroom radiator/towel rail didn?t get hot. Having checked that it was...
20
20

Very off topic
Shit! I liked him. Singer cancels all future dates of his 50th anniversary tour on doctor’s advice
11
11

Magnet Kitchens
I have not walked into a Magnet showroom for 20 or more years. Visited our local one last week and was surprised by the apparent quality of some of their more premium kitchens. Brought home the...
50
50

Red Arrows ejector seat accident
2011. This took a long time to get to court. Good example of two independent faults leading to the tragedy. Martin-Baker Aircraft Ltd pleads guilty in case following death of Sean Cunningham in 2011...
9
9

A question for wire fencing experts
I need to fence a 70m boundary, mainly to stop a dog from straying but also as a security deterrent. The land is reasonably flat for about 80% of the distance and then slopes down at about 20 degrees....
25
25

OT: How does power supply company locate a fault?
I'm just interested in how Western Power, for example, detemines where a fault lies when a power outage occurs. They seem to pinpoint it very accurately within a few minutes, or even seconds. For...
50
50

Washing question
I have pillowcases with unknown stains on, they look like maybe oil, with j ust slight darkening, but standard washing doesn't touch them. There's no w ay to find out what's on them. Any ideas as to...
26
26

New boiler for the Scout Hut - how much?
Bog standard combi that will need a condensate fitting when it is replaced. 7 rads and 2 sinks (but the existing boiler is not actually plumbed into the HW taps at these sinks) however it need not be...
33
33

Gas boiler settings
A few weeks ago British Gas serviced the boiler. Not my idea. Nice young lady who left me a leak on the Magfilter. Since the service we have noticed that the house takes a LOT longer to warm up....
5
5

Moisture barriers and Wifi
My 1920s house is L-shaped and because of its geometry the Wifi signal has to go outside and then back in to get to my study where all my computers and cool stuff are. The signal is effectively...
49
49

Mending damaged bath
I've damaged my fibreglass bath by dropping a heavy glass shower screen onto it. This photo shows the damage I'm wondering how best to repair it - my first thought is car body filler?
17
17

Tumble Dryers Fire Risk
The general advice seems to be (at least for certain models) don't use it until it has been modified/repaired. So does anyone know what the modification/repair is, or do they just clean it? I've got a...
17
17

Stripping plasterboard - an easier way
Its unlikely I am the first to discover this hack, but it made life easier, so I post it just in case it helps... I wanted to part strip a wall of its plasterboard (skimmed, foil backed) which I will...
2
2

OT - Old British Cars
Remember when just about every car had the same Lucas Indicator. Dipswitch / Horn control crudely arrached to the steering column with a clamp? I once had a Hillman Imp - it had a indicator stalk that...
166
166