Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacing copper HW tank.
If it's in a cupboard the space can be packed with junk insulation, avoiding any flex feeding he immersion. If no cupboard it's easy to construct a flimsy outer wrap that can be stuffed with...
42
42

Hail to the king baby
Just swapped my headlight bulb in under 10 minutes. The drivers side one with the fuse box in the way.
10
10

Pocket Door supplier recommends
OK, Renovating a 1960's flat I want to combine the WC and Bathroom, by removing the adjoining wall. Pic here: This is relatively simple because the wall is non-load bearing, curiously it has been...
22
22

OT: HDMI cable slowly ejects itself.
A year ago my trusty Sony LCD tv went phut requiring a replacement. It was a small 17 inch wide screen job with a vga input and was used primarily as a computer monitor, with the TV output in the top...
28
28

Magnetic CH cleaners
Well it sort of worked And for anyone who cannot see it's a magnetic cleaner so full of the crud that it has collected that it has split open. http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:CHcleaner.jpg
22
22

Oddity: USB Floppy under Windows7
I need to generate floppy disks to communicate with a legacy system. So I have a USB floppy drive - works fine. I can read and write files under Windows Explorer but I can't format new floppies - the...
2
2

Water softener systems
So. I'm fed up with scale everywhere. I'm thinking water softener. I don't want to faff about filling it with salt every 5 minutes. It's there an idiots guide somewhere which explains the different...
71
71

BBC Two: The Repair Shop
Starts on Monday, 6.30, BBC2. 15 progs. Owain Upcoming episodes of The Repair Shop
23
23

Torch - Cree - Ultrafire 14500
I have had a small torch for a few years that took either a AA cell or a Ultrafire YF 14500 (3.7v).(I think I ordered the torch, batteries and charger together) Recently I mislaid it and ordered...
35
35

If you have a diesel car, look out.
DIESEL cars are on the verge of being wiped out after TWO major car makers announced they are permanently stopping making the vehicles.
245
245

Slow clocks in mainland Europe - how much of a problem is it really?
makes it sound as if it's a big problem that affects significant numbers of alarm clocks, central heating timers and oven clocks. Is that really that case? I would have thought it would only affect...
21
21

R. Scott. 31
So the gas fitter came to call.... and expressed concern about using an ion exchange (salt) water softener with a thermal store. Corrosion of heat extract coil due to salt content in treated mains...
8
8

glow worm 60ff boiler stopped, no spark.
glow worm 60ff boiler , there is no spark on the pilot light , i cant light it manually .. then everything works , just no spark? my boiler was working fine , just stopped? it just wont spark?...
1
1

Polizei train?
Standing on a platform in Dusseldorf main station the other day I was surprised to see a diesel locomotive unit pass through with Polizei emblazoned on it's side. Do German police have their own train...
20
20

A real opportunity missed
http://tinypic.com/r/2my8b9u/9