Subject Author Posted Replies

Can you push a spiral drain unblocker up a downpipe from below?
I think a gutter downpipe on my house is blocked. When only a small amount of water is fed into the gutter (garden hose on a ~very~ long pole), water spews out of the elbow just beneath the gutter and...
32
32

Insulation above or below slab?
I am currently planning the construction of a 15m2 ground floor extension t o our lounge and am torn between having the insulation above or below the c oncrete slab. From what I can gather the most...
26
26

Sigh....propelling pencil for marking up? Which size lead?
Just tried to sharpen a builder's pencil and the two wood halves came apart. Pencil sharpener for normal pencils is blunt. I am now considering a propelling pencil with a thick lead for use in marking...
48
48

Expanding foam question.
The answer is most likely no, but I was wondering if (minimal expansion) expanding foam will take rawlplugs (my own generic name for the things). It's only for holding skirting boards to the wall, so...
39
39

Motorhome power supply.
The mains to 12v power supplied failed in a mate's motorhome, so although he got it replaced I offered to look at it to see if it could be repaired as a spare. It is branded PowerPart, and is a 20 amp...
48
48

Clarke JS5IN1
I have JS5IN1 (jump starter) which hasn't seen the light of day for some time. The battery is flat, the worklight come son quite brightly but otherwise nothing. I have attempted to charge it using...
16
16

New boiler is fitted and working :-)
I'm glad to say we have heat again, ya! Its a Vaillant Ecofit Pure 418, installed in my existing open vented system, but with a Fernox Omega TF1 filter. Total installed cost was £1445, that's...
18
18

OT - rotary clothes airer - HOW MUCH????
Spring is in the air, birds are singing, pigeons are shagging, builders are all over the place filling skips and fettling..... Time to get the rotary airer out and dry some washing out in the fresh...
9
9

Is this an old pun?
On the radio last night. Thing is I always seem to get the same plumbing company when I have an emergency with a water leak, Pelican Plumbing. Yes that's right the one with the big bill. Brian

Is there anything left in Maplins?
Very little when I had a look.
135
135

OT: Did you know?
If you search "knives" on Ebay, the first category offered is "Children's bedroom".
21
21

What do you get if you cross....
An animal rights vegan activist, with an islamic feminist? Christ, the poor thing is a walking stereotype.
11
11

Dyson
Latest advert says they are no longer going to develop corded vacuums. Not wanting a slanging match between the Pro-Henry - Anti-Dyson lobby, but it does seem rather surprising given the limited power...
71
71

Stuck lock...
Neighbour asked for help today. Or rather the sister of that neighbour. They're French. Neighbours (husband and wife) are in France. Sister house sitting - presumably because of the two teenage kids...
83
83

Underfloor heating question
I only have the bare bones of this from my daughter at present. She has new "wet" underfloor heating laid. The tiller was laying floor tiles on the screed,, and cut through the tubing (angle...
13
13