Subject Author Posted Replies

Septic Tank FAQ (was One less pigeon)
There used to be a Septic Tank FAQ on the diyFAQ at under 'Miscellaneous'. But the link no longer works, at least not for me. Many years ago there was a septic tank FAQ produced by Catherine Carter in...
6
6

Lion logo
I've been tiding up a manual I have - it's a pretty poor photo copy. Maker long since gone. At the bottom of the front page (next to the list of directors, etc) is a logo of what looks to be a...
41
41

Self tapping/self drilling screws - where to get assorted selection
I've finally treated myself to 14.4v combi drill from Aldi's. Now what I'd like is a nice selection of suitably sized screws both for metal and for wood. I don't want a 100 of this or 100 of that,...
36
36

Air conditioning light
Maybe pushing my luck here (but I am an opportunist). Any ideas why the aircon light (and I assume the aircon) on a Nissan MIcra should default to 'on' when the ignition is turned on rather than to...
52
52

OT: printing on to a card
What are the prospects of overprinting a greetings card using an HP LaserJet printer (P1102w) without wrecking the printer? This would be an occasional exercise only.
17
17

Car scrapping in 1965
Health and Safety. What's that? Fabulously unsafe.
33
33

SDS+ -> SDS Max adaptor?
Does anyone know if such a thing is available? I'm after an adaptor to fit an SDS+ drill chuck that will accept an SDS Max bit. The other way round is widely available. Otherwise I'll machine the...
6
6

Anyone - Surplus Sunvic SDM 1901 actauators
I am looking to alter my heating system from using a SD 2701 (for which I have a few spare heads), to a system using a Sunvic SDM 1901 three port valve head/ actuator. I am well accustomed to the...

Kitchen extract up an old chimney - thoughts?
Our range cooker is where the old kitchen fire was, so there's a redundant chimney (long-since blocked off) directly above it. I'm thinking of installing a liner in the chimney and using it as an...
15
15

Stuff in a house viewed to purchase - boiler, electrics
Apologies for the rush. Friend is viewing a house (currently a rental) and trying to price up any work. The two pictures are the wiring (fuse box etc.) and the boiler. Don't know if it is a system or...
13
13

Posting pictures for this NG
I usually use PhotoBucket but have had complaints about the level of advertising. I have seen Adam post pictures on John's web site. I used to have a login but can't seem to find any login prompt...
28
28

Recording and editing audio?
Hi all, Sister was given Dads (passed away 6 years ago) old mini cassette Dictaphone so she could see if the dogs made much noise when she was out (she also has an iPad so could probably do it easier...
27
27

LED lighting Residual output
Hi, I recently put a few flat panel LED arrays in a shed and garage. The same units that I used in the house on a few low ceilings. Flat LED panels around 12 to 48W. The shed units were on even when...
4
4

OT: We're all gonna die
Anyone else share my rather gloomy analysis? Like a Boss :D
66
66

freeview
freeview is crap firstly its not free as i pay a tv licence secondly it causes so much interference with signal levels and missing channels we need to get rid of it.
69
69