Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: pairing socks
Heck! its you again... The reason is wear characteristic. You might have socks of the same design but of different states of wear. I being blind need to either buy all socks the same, which is not...
1
1

OT Just love predictive texting
On the OVO site someone said that SP were responsible for the poor connection, and then followed it up with an expletive deletive, because she meant "POWER" connection. Someone else commented :- The...
11
11

Blocked (kitchen) drain aftermath Q.
So it turned out the intermittent drain whiff SWMBO (and I !!!) have noticed these past few days is because the outside drain from the kitchen (waste pipe goes through wall into drain) was blocked....
4
4

curtains with PVCu windows
My curtain rails are all fixed to the wooden top of the window frames. If I replace the windows with PVCu, what is the best way to fix the curtain rails ? I know you can screw into PVCu, but the...
6
6

OT BBC Sound effects archive
Over on the group, someone has posted this link to BBC sound effects. Handy for those who hanker after the past :-) BBC Rewind - Sound Effects
22
22

retor fit dog bolts,french doors.
Having read the thread on French door hinges and dog type hinges I discovered my neighbours French doors do not have anything at the hinge side of the door, pins or dog type bolts and with the hinges...
2
2

OT: Hearing Aids
Gentlemen, An old pal of mine, about 75yrs old, ex-serviceman, lovely, lovely bloke; do anything for anyone needs a new hearing aid. I decided he did because the one he's been wearing for ***years***...
76
76

ryobi expand-it
Hello, Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Ryobi expand-it range? I was thinking about buying one some time ago but I never got around to it! I thought I had seen it as a kit that...
10
10

Glueing a toilet roll holder to a tiled bathroom wall
Basically as per title. Brand new smooth tiles. I've seen toilet roll holders which come with glue-on fittings but is there a way to glue an ordinary holder? Another Dave
14
14

Washing machine slow fill: part 2
Well we eventually got the water softener replaced with a new one, and today SWMBO got fed up with the washing machine filling so slowly, so pulled it forward and disconnected the feed hose at the...
4
4

The trouble with being DIY Minded
...is that you notice things that others should fix. The pub toilets with pipe clips missing - soon the pipe will get pulled off. The doors that don't close properly. The push down taps that need...
53
53

Building collapse in Brazil..
For brian: its video of a 26 story tower block on fire in Brazil. It fell straight down, must be the work of those that used super thermite on the towers in America! Its one hell of a blaze, makes you...
5
5

OT: BG Ups daily meter rental charge by 50%.
Bastards. Daily standing charge increasing from 26.01p to 37.45 from 29th may. I don't even use gas !!. When the standing charge was part of the first x kilowatts I paid nothing. Then those clowns in...
2
2

Super-high performance windows versus trickle vents - what do they do in Scandinavia ?
As I understand, typical UK domestic windows have trickle vents to try to a llow warm, damp air to escape a room (and cold, dry air to enter) to avoid or reduce condensation on the windows. Now what I...
18
18

Lucas control box problem?
The Morris again. Just to recap, 1968, now -ve earth but still dynamo, control box etc. Suddenly started to flatten the battery whilst parked, but charges when running. Restarting a couple of hours...
57
57