Subject Author Posted Replies

Fecking Belling-Lee connectors
Intermittent fault (no signal) with the spare room telly finally tracked down. Took the (visually fine) Belling-Lee off one end of the aerial lead and the centre conductor fell off where the inner...
10
10

Moment of boredom OT
Am I slow to wake up or is there a determined effort to force online handling of accounts? Currently, British Gas are playing the *you supplied gas readings to our online site so we know you don't...
11
11

Trailer auto reverse brake issue
Have a twin axle trailer. Each year service hubs ... wash out all grease, repack, new seals, clean drums etc. Adjust brakes The reverse override link & spring are not removed during service (AlKo...
14
14

Tell het to hold on with the bacon sandwich
Sorry mate, the van will not start.
11
11

terminal blocks
I'm talking about the bog standard things, sometimes called 'choc blocks' or terminal strips. I much prefer the ones with wire protectors, but they seem to be rare. I've found them on the Rapid...
31
31

Opinel Knives
I'd be very, very surprised if that were so. I think you're getting confused with flick knives/switchblade knives.
58
58

Seagate abandon remote access to their 'Central' NAS
Well you could have something like a Raspberry PI left on permanently to give you access, very little power, no fan or anything. I'm not sure what OS a 'Seagate Central NAS' runs but if it's Linux...
27
27

Lighting wiring centres
I could do with having a tidy up of the lighting circuit in the garage, which includes several internal and external lights and corresponding switches, drivers and PIRs. I thought about those...
13
13

What glue for mower seat cover to frame?
I need to re-glue the cover of our ride-on mower's seat to its metal frame. The cover is fairly standard cloth backed PVC (or similar) and it has to be pulled tight over the cushion to even reach the...
8
8

Maplins remaining 'bargains'
Worthing store still has a pile of bacofoil 'digital' tv aeriels reduced from £49 to £29 !!!!. Various reels of cable, including CAT 6 for more than you could pay online anyway. :-). 'Bargain' lucky...
14
14

OT An interesting point stemming from the EU survey
A phone call to Barclaycard explaining things should have given you the means to withdraw money.
20
20

How to slacken single spout mixer tap
It is normal taps hot & cold (kitchen) with a central spout. The spout has become stiff to swivel so was planning to take off and clean to see if this eases it. It has a grub screw at the rear which I...
8
8

Strange connection on sink bottle trap
We have a small washbasin in the downstairs loo which has a bottle rather than U or P trap. It has strange connection on the downstream side of the trap: - it's got a half-round connection into the...
2
2

How to fix loose patio bricks?
I'm close to clueless about DIY stuff involving cement, so I'd much appreciate advice please. The outer edge of bricks of my garden patio are falling away, as you see from my illustration. I've bought...
10
10

EU survey on appliances and right to repair
You might want to respond to an EU survey on appliance repair. Even if the resulting legislation doesn't apply to us, having a market of 500M people just next to us where spare parts and product...
266
266