Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacing wall hung pan with a different brand
We have a wall hung toilet pan that has cracked. The design of the pan has irritated me from the first day I used it. It?s a RAK pan that has a high ?shelf? that leads to splashing over the rim if you...
6
6

Dishwasher detergent
Far fewer problems with liquid detergent but doesn't clean the dishes as well
23
23

External CD/DVD drive
A friend has a need for a high speed external drive to read CD's as fast as possible. It plugs into a Raspberry Pi based device and we are not confident of the usb power available. He bought a non-usb...
37
37

Sprayer for textured exterior wall paint
We have opened the ancient barrel of "touch up" textured exterior wall paint from Wallshield and it is still viable. Stirring it up with a drill and paint stirrer results in something like fine...
3
3

Carbon fibre to metal end cap adhesive?
A friend who fishes local lakes, dropped round with an expensive telescopic carbon fibre catch net, where the net part was fixed to the carbon fibre tube, via a threaded metal (alloy) endcap which...
5
5

Cleaning question
Beerline cleaner is sodium hydroxide, nonfoaming detergent & a little hypochlorite. What can one clean with this stuff at home? Skin contact is sternly warned against. NT
6
6

Has Bostic contact adhesive changed >?
Went out to buy another 250ml tin yesterday and paid £5.99 for it. When I got home I noticed that the previous tin still had its price sticker - £9.49 and I think it was bought at the same store or...
5
5

Glue to fix plastic spatula head to metal arm?
I've got some really nice tongs for use with the frying pan - springy metal (steel?) handle with two small spatula style plastic ends. Just noted that they are currently unavailable. :-( Anyway, the...
7
7

Cooker hood - Proline, Tecnik?
Managed to buy a cheap used cooker hood recently, labelled inside Proline FCC/2002. Hood uses a large fan with two clip on carbon filters which need replacing, but that is where the fun begins. Found...
18
18

Came across this. Interesting.
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff. Our bedrooms should be sanctuaries, especially as we spend 36 per cent of our lives inside them. However, experts say they are packed with several...
9
9

OT: London Hotel fire
Quote from a not-too reliable source (DM) "He said the builders on the roof had been cutting materials and doing other work during the day. " Eh-oh, those pesky angle grinder sparks again !, or was...
3
3

Replacing Florescent Lights in Garage- Update
When checking the Screwfix catalogue for something else, I noticed they did 5ft LED tubes for £14.99, claimed to be equivalent to 100W and decided to try one. They come with a 'special' started (a...
16
16

Cctv able to read number plates
We've got simple cctv cameras with IR illuminator around the lens up at the local hall. Lately there's been a problem with boy racers gathering after dark in the car park and antisocial behaviour...
37
37

Sending multiple texts (SMS)
I'm treasurer of a small group which meets in a church hall. I'm sent the codes for the door lock system by email, and send them on to the committee. So whoever arrives first can open up. Easy for me...
24
24

Looking for a quality die holder
Hi, I am after a die holder, one that will stand up to use by school pupils who have a tendancy to over tighten the grub screws stripping the threads, and making the holder useless. We have re-tapped...
5
5