Subject Author Posted Replies

Waterproof Glue/mastic suggestions needed for joining flexible plastic sheet.
I have a hole in the plastic sheet that lies just under the roof tiles and forms a waterproof surface. There's a bit of spare plastic sheet I can snip off as a patch, so I need a glue or mastic that...
15
15

Probelms with UPS - again.
Ordered up some car parts and the vendor used UPS. I assume because it's the cheapest they can find. According to tracking, they attempted to deliver yesterday at 15.00. Was in. Not only that, but the...
11
11

Designing Buildings Wiki
Not seen mention of this here before, a wealth of info and links that may prove useful and complementary to the DIY Wiki (no connection etc) Designing Buildings Wiki

Rate my BS :) (Hire car delay because of "wheel bearing")
Supposed to be taking a hire car for a few days while ours is in for repair. Was supposed to be first thing this morning, but just had a call from the branch saying they can't let me have the car they...
10
10

old 2 stroke engine
Yamaha 4 hp 2 stroke outboard. Hasn't been run in many years but was running fine when last used What would I need to do before attempting to start it?
12
12

OT: A QC's opinion of the chequers 'plan'
Full text: Summary: * The Chequers proposals would involve the permanent continuation in the UK of all EU laws which relate to goods, their composition, their packaging, how they are tested etc etc in...
50
50

Cordless Dril/ Impact Driver Combo
My fifteen year old Panasonic drill/driver has just died so I am in the market for a replacement. A seperate impact driver would be useful so I am looking at one of the combo packs. What would anyone...
101
101

Single circuit CU
The Economy 7 supply to our house goes through a small box with a built-in isolating switch and space for a single MCB[1]. Presumably if I can find a 20A RCBO of the same width and shape I can just...
9
9

Why did I bother?
Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the politics. Thought I'd give it another try. Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it "wasn't fair" and "we...
29
29

Asbestos removal costs?
Not really d-i-y... We're doing a garage conversion. The old roof needs to be removed - it leaks and it contains asbestos. We've received two quotes, one for just over GBP1300, and the other for just...
46
46

Can anyone identify this resistor?
I'm helping a friend find a fault with a rather ancient intruder alarm (Melcom ST6500) which is intermittently faulty. I thought the fault might be with the lead-acid backup battery as the old one was...
28
28

Bulging Lion Battery - Tesco Hudl 2
Just a heads up, A few days ago my Tesco Hudl 2 battery decided to expand it's waistline and pushed the LCD screen outside the confines of the case. I've now taken it to bits and am awaiting an eBay...
8
8

OT: Everythings looking good for Britain. Unless you eat or drink.
AB The US backed the resolution after Russia said it would

metal cable clips, 18th edn
Metal cable clips are required for cables that could otherwise collapse in a fire in an escape route. My question is, can one use just enough of them to keep the cable there in a fire, or does every...
10
10

Linseed oil - turps mixture
I've heard that a mixture of linseed oil and turps is good for protecting wooden furniture, wooden gates etc from the weather. Is that the case? If so, roughly what proportions of oil to turps, and...
4
4