Subject Author Posted Replies

Alternative ways of fitting windows to a boat
We have a little steel diesel powered boat (in France, but that's not relevant really). It's getting on for 50 years old, we've owned it for a bit more than 10 years. The windows and their mounts are...
9
9

Noisy powered speaker
I have a Vava Voom portable speaker, no longer available, not even on the manufacturer website any more <>It used to sound very good providing you didn't use any of the "enhanced" modes, remarkably...
30
30

TOT cheaper gas?
Bypass meter bar Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for AY McDonald 6410-FFD 1x1x3/4 Bypass Meter Bar Qty: 1 (BRAND NEW) at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for...
2
2

Lithium batteries, not worth it
Are you greenies nuts? 3 grand for a battery with the same capacity of two deep cycle lead acid batteries costing £150? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385430139122Nearly...
268
268

Better to have a real smart meter or dumb smart meter?
I've had another communication from our current electricity supplier (EDF) saying that they are legally obliged to change our meters are they are at the end of their lifespan. This may well be true as...
86
86

Looking for leak stop spray that works on damp surfaces
As per the subject I'm looking for a leak stop spray (i.e. in an aerosol) that can be used when the leaking area is still wet/damp. I'm sure I've seen such a thing but now I can't find it, can anyone...
8
8

VMS Hobby Licence to morph into Community Licence
and it runs on Intel chips now (but I always thought this was never possible because the x86 architecture lacked a vital lock instruction needed for clustering ???).
11
11

How can I transfer ownership of a Windows PC?
I have a desktop PC with Windows 10 installed. The software was activated online by me and was registered in my name. I'd like to give the computer to another member of my family: I've already removed...
13
13

SOT: solar panel installation
My brother has bought a new-build house and the solar panels are facing north. I am wondering if there is a technical or regulatory requirement for solar panels to face towards the sun, or if this is...
21
21

Isolate an Aqualisa power shower
The joint pictured is leaking. It’s in my loft just above the bathroom. I’m told it’s a 15mm push fit elbow joint. Can I isolate the water just to the power shower or do I need to turn off the...

New Makita cordless tool
The world's first battery-operated portable microwave oven £2k 'm off camping for three weeks half way up a mountain soon. Must get one! I hope my solar panel will recharge the battery pack.
6
6

Higher voltage grids can't "feed in" from domestic networks
I saw this statement online: "Higher voltage grids can't "feed in" from domestic networks" - referring to loads of solar in town A not being able to feed power to town B through the HV network. Is...
27
27

Bose AmPlus 100 query
I've been gifted a 100 volt line amplifier but it's missing a couple of bits and pieces. Chief problem is the lack of a remote volume control to plug into a port at the rear of the unit. I'm guessing...
11
11

Speaking of beans....
t's not exactly something you would keep track of, but most people pass gas between 13 and 21 times a day. It can happen even while you're asleep. Gas is part of the natural digestive process....
11
11

TOT Made Where?
Today I purchased a large Nylon spoon - for use with non-stick cookware. On the front of the package i) the union flag ii) Text that says "The best of British" iii) Text that says "Designed in the UK"...
19
19