Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas, leccy and water changes. Who does what these days?
I'm in process of buying a house to split into flats. Currently there is a water meter in the street, and a gas and leccy meter inside the house. I'll need to get these supplies split and extra meters...
7
7

Bathroom sink light/shaver socket fixture
The one we have fitted now in our bathroom I use for electric toothbrush charging rather than a shaver. It is similar to this one (but is not this unit): The unit I have I got because the shaver...
7
7

Internety thingummies, question.
More on my friends Internet access issues, which I mentioned earlier.. He would seem to have several issues and is on Plusnet, which is BT supplied. 1. He seems to be reporting his Internet connection...
79
79

Smart meters - supply companies have the ability to remotely switch the supply off
Smart meters in 11 million British homes can be set to pre-payment and have to be kept topped up and paid in advance or their gas or power would be shut off.
16
16

Planning permission for house for family
Are there special planning permission rules applying where one wants to build a house for a fmaily member (child) on one's own land? We have a small-holding in an area where adding new houses is...
37
37

Ping John Rumm
Fibre washers! The flange in 15mm couplers is so minute I bought iron couplers. The next problem was finding a supplier of suitable sealing washers. No fibre ones so far although I have a selection...
11
11

Rain water defelecter to clip to guttering?
Just sitting watching a thunder storm and the water is coming off our roof so fast that it is flying straight over the guttering and into the rather startled bamboo plant. Made me wonder if there is...
5
5

Outdoor PIR
I've moved an outdoor PIR sensor today and it's decided not to cooperate: there's power to it but no output. is what I've moved and the good thing about the design is that it has two cable entries....
2
2

DIY project for the hot weather
Here's an interesting DIY project for the weekend. If the happy bather adds another foot of water, I wonder if his balcony would collapse....
2
2

OT(ish) - common "thick person" joke which might have an exception?
Given the hot weather I am reminded of the alleged thick person who sat in front of the fridge with the door open to keep the room cool. As we (presumably) all know the fridge cools the inside and...
16
16

remember I asked ...
Remember I asked what the symptoms would be if a thermostatic shower mixer bar hot and cold was connected around the wrong way?..Well I convinced myself it wasn't .....so I went and bought a new one...
4
4

On Topic: Lidl impact screwdriver on thursday
Went to my nearby large Lidl yesterday. Not to buy any tools - but noticed the sliding mitre saws all gone. Must have been a bargain. They had plenty impact drivers left.
1
1

Experts and Drains.....
A real gem seen elsewhere, a supposed expert expressed concern over the positioning of a man hole. Obviously his training didn't include minor details such was water flowing down hill.
3
3

Good small UPS?
Hi, Who makes good domestic UPSes these days? Looking for about 500VA (need to put a power meter in to be sure) and 30 mins runtime. But it's more about which make and possibly series are any good?...
33
33

RTA What would you do?
You know that you are going to get arse ended. Do you keep your foot on the brakes so that you don't get pushed into the car in front or do keep your foot off the brake and have two bumps but of less...
48
48