Subject Author Posted Replies

Escaping from a fire.
I see someone else got injured jumping from a first floor window in a fire. Completely unnecessary. If you are ever in that situation, climb out of the window and hang on to the window cill with arms...
19
19

I.need AEG hammar drill.field
Aeg hammar drill I.need field 50hz
1
1

Battery characteristics: Lithium, Ni-Cad and Ni-MH
Nicads as you surmise are lower Voltage 4.8 for a pack as opposed to 6 Flash units were often adorned with warnings about nicads being unsuitable. Possibly because the current drawn is high leading to...
18
18

PIR priority
OK thanks for replies that answers my questions.
15
15

B&Q to close over 60s card
B&Q will no longer accept new members for its over 60s Diamond Club discoun t scheme from 3 September - and will restrict the offer to gardening produc ts. Over 60s can currently get 10% off all B&Q...
9
9

Door bottoms
drip strip, weather strip.
6
6

Motorcycle carbs flooding ... ?
Hi all, Trying to help a mate with an old but cherished Kawasaki ER-5 (500cc twin). Long short, as soon as you turn the fuel ('Prime') on it floods both carbs. Now, I'm very familiar with carbs and...
10
10

Wasps & wood ?
We have a barbecue shelter, made out of some sort of hardwood. Every summer, since I built it (2011) I've noticed that wasps seem attracted to it. In particular the upright pillars. Which appear to be...
10
10

OT android P
Is google taking the P by having a monochrome mode so you aren't affected by blue light before you go to bed? Do they know that the white is R+G+B and that B stands for Blue?
27
27

SDS Wood Bits?
I see that Lidl have some SDS-Plus bit sets (chisels, etc.) coming up soon - but one of the sets contains wood augers. Why would you use a wood auger in an SDS drill - or am I missing something?
17
17

Soil plumbing
The chalet bungalow upstairs bathroom. Are there likely to be any issues with arranging a short 45 deg. fall in the toilet waste pipe? The current plan is a vertical outfall terminated at a manifold...
5
5

110mm push fit soil pipe fixings - two fitting methods?
It is a while since I messed around with 110mm soil pipe fittings. Digging a brown OSMA joint out of stock, I find it has a rubber seal inside a collar. First attempt to push in a length of grey pipe...
7
7

Name for Wall Construction
My 1988 house has the upstairs walls made of plasterboard. They are only 2inches thick. There were constructed by using a batten on the ceiling and on the floor and nailing a plasterboard panel to...
15
15

Broken chuck on SDS drill
Something has gone amiss with the chuck on my ageing budget SDS drill (Ferm FBH620 from Screwfix many moons ago): tools no longer twist-and-lock. I've seen fixes online but the prospect of dismantling...
31
31

OT; Speed of virtual computer
A chum has recorded lots of material via his dvr onto an external drive. As the dvr is Linux based, he, or it, formatted the drive with a Linux file system, probably EXT4. He now wants to watch the...
13
13