Subject Author Posted Replies

Washer/seal kits for shower/tap mixers?
I have a mixer shower/tap combination. There is a knob that one pulls up for shower and push down for tap to fill the bath. When in use, water is pouring out of the end of the knob when in tap...
1
1

Cable, pipe, stud finder - recommendations?
Looking at the moment and as usual Amazon has a mix of 1* (doesn't worj) and 5* (want to have its' kids) reviews so not much help there. Are they all of a muchness or should I go for a known name?...
10
10

Who are 'insight' mail.
An Ebay parcel has been sent tracked, via INSIGHT, except I cannot find a mail company or website under that name.
4
4

BT NTE5 in std wall box?
Just checking as I don't have ADSL here ... Would a std / current BT NTE fit the screw mounts on a std surface / recessed back box (I'm thinking it should)? Would BT fit their NTE onto a existing back...
3
3

Cheap External Rubish Chute
Hi, I live on the top floor of a 4 story building. I would like to install som e sort of chute on the outside wall that would allow me to throw rubbish ou t of the window into a waiting wheelie bin...
15
15

Repairing Graco cordless air sprayer
Hi all I am trying to fix my Graco cordless air sprayer and was wondering whether anyone has had any exoerience of these and how they are supposed to work? When I pull the trigger, the motor runs etc...
2
2

Broken gear wheel
The above image shows a broken gear I likely tp obtain a replacement off the shelf ? If so how do I define what I need and where would I look ? Many thanks for all help offered
12
12

Building control, what's the point?
Bought a premises recently, sat in the solicitors 5 months in, turns out there's no building control sign off on work that has been done but it's 'OK' because they've arranged an indemnity policy in...
6
6

OT: Post office.
Should have received a small package by second class letter post over a week ago. If I was out, my excellent postie usually leaves a card. But I get a lot of junk leaflets etc, so could have missed...
10
10

TOT Bluebell hill transmitter
Is anyone in here aware of any problems with the Bluebell Hill (freeview) transmitter. Currently I don't seem to be getting transmissions from Bluebell Hill on 2 devices. I don't think there is a...
1
1

Linear halogen bulbs
If anybody is interested Sainsbury's are selling off their stock of own-brand R7s linear halogen bulbs. Both 78mm (120W) and 118mm (400W) were on sale for 20p each in our local branch this morning.
10
10

OT: Aero Engineering (Wings & Wheels, Dunsfold)
I was lucky enough to be treated to a day out on Saturday at the 'Wings and Wheels' show at Dunsfold and a curry (and a couple of Cobras) afterwards. ;-) I'm not megga interested in aviation other...
14
14

OT and frivolous
I spend some spare time playing freecell. There are spells where I whip through the solutions, others where I keep hitting a brick wall. Is it that my ability varies or does freecell difficulty vary?
7
7

Tyre numbers
I am trying to sort out some trailer tyres. The current tyres have cracks in the sidewalls and are starting to get rust on the hubs. Before I rang the local tyre place I thought I would get some...
9
9

OTish: Sailing icebergs to Africa ?
Not a new idea and it's not that easy. You have to cope with the Coriolis forces amongst others. Icebergs as a Fresh-Water Source: An Appraisal* - Volume 12 Issue 65
20
20