Subject Author Posted Replies

Imperial floorboards
Hi, I'm going to need some Tongue and Groove floorboards, after I rip out my old kitchen and get ready to fit the new one. Last time I did any floorboard replacement many years ago, I could go to the...
17
17

Mains supply to garage
With work in the garden coming to a close I am looking to start the permane nt wiring of the garage. The main cable will pass from the house through pl astic conduit into the garage the conduit being...
12
12

Cleaning paving
Hi Folks, I would like to clean a build up of moss off my patio area, I have a power-washer to do the final clean but it has struggled in the past with some of the larger build up of moss in some...
15
15

Interesting afternoon
So the upstairs bath was moved into position. In a fairly tight alcove so kindly envisage a portly elderly person adjusting the support legs! This led on to final assembly of the wall mounted taps and...
7
7

Replacement Socket
I need to replace a damaged double switched mains socket but anticipate problems if I remove the existing socket. The problem is a lack of free wire behind the socket. I speculate that the socket was...
33
33

Anyone know what make/model this planer-thicknesser is?
Anyone know what make/model this planer-thicknesser is? I saw it on this woodworking site: but there's no description of the actual tool. MM http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/planer_thicknesser.jpg...
4
4

Property proximity to culvert
My workplace is near a culvert, if I look on the map at 3 points where the water can be seen, it concerns me that these could easily meet right under the property. I spoke to a local councilor and he...
7
7

Cottage jobs
Approaching the end....sigh! I have a similar problem to the CU tails issue discussed elsewhere. Sparkly has brought the tails though the outside wall, below worktop height and then surface mount to...
40
40

Door chains - security
So apparently would be screws if the pikey kicked my front door. But, a glued chain lock would allow me to open the front door only slightly, rather than fully.
33
33

Bath/shower mixer taps - minimum operating head?
HI All We have one of the 'classic' style bathroom tap/shower setups - where you move a lever from left to right to select either 'bath fill' or 'shower' - the shower head being on a flexible hose....
2
2

bathroom sink overflow trim white
Anyone know where I can get the above, plenty available in `chrome` Problem is over time the odd drip tarnishes the current chrome one and stains the sink (probably cheap chrome covered plastic). Have...

Connecting a new gas cooker
I'm buying a new gas cooker and Currys want to charge me £85 for connecting it up. In the past I've simply unfastened the bayonet coupling of the old cooker and coupled up the replacement. Is there...
16
16

OT Printer recs
Usage : About 10 black and white prints per week. Computer : 8 year old Dell Vostro 430. 32 bit. Win 7 Hi, I'm a very non-techy pensioner, looking for a cheap printer that's easy to install. I'd...
31
31

Self leveling floor preparation
I want to do something with our small bathroom floor - sheet - or strip vinyl maybe. I really don't want to add the thckness of plywood over the tongue and groove. Is there any sort of semi flexible...
2
2

Apprentice
We've had an apprentice in this week. He fainted on Monday morning, presumably due to the pressure of being on his feet/awake/taking in info. He flooded the place out on Wed. And he doesn't eat his...
16
16