Subject Author Posted Replies

Oven door glass orientation
Our double gas oven, has a glass doors, the inner glass panels of which is slide out/ removable for cleaning. Despite it being possible to fit them back to front or upside down, the manufacturer has...
6
6

OT best/easiest way to share files over local network under Ubuntu?
I have a desktop machine running Ubuntu with files I want to view& amend on a laptop also running Ubuntu (and Lubuntu). I've shared the folder on the desktop, but can't access it on the laptop. On my...
2
2

OT: The Energey Cap
Am I the only person who find this reporting of energy bills as an average number a complete useless way of doing it? Very few will be the average user, some will be bigger/smaller households, some...
20
20

Aggregates for Concrete
I have been using ballast recently for none critical concrete to support so me edgings and noted that the coarse aggregate/gravel tended to be rounded and smooth. I am about to lay a more critical...
3
3

110mm soil pipe
Is anyone going to arrest me if I fit a toilet waste *socket to pipe* rather than pipe to socket? Yes. I know you can get couplers but I don't happen to have one handy:-)
2
2

Led replacement for 5' T12 fluorescent
Interesting. In that case you would have had to follow Dens second drawing.
31
31

French plumbing
Bought new Rads/TRV's and stop locks from Screwfix. As they were ordered off their EU website I (wrongly) assumed they would be compatible with French 14mm pipework .. NOPE .. 15mm fittings. I've...

OT: Yet more remoaner lies...
Briefings for Brexit show that this claim is extreme and is contradicted by a wealth of historical and empirical evidence.’
12
12

Baxi Combi 105HE
A bit like... but it's actually part no. 248061 which I see is also available from the same people and from others. Excellent, thanks! One firm actually puts their hourly rate on their website so I...
6
6

OT: Multinational supplies
My cheap, but good, side cutters were damaged by trying to cut the extremely hard stems of some artificial flowers for SWMBO. After struggling on for a year or so I finally decided to invest ?1.60 in...
6
6

Was a Scientist’s Death Murder or an ‘Act of Mercy’?
Was a Scientist?s Death Murder or an ?Act of Mercy?? By Rick Rojas, Aug. 28, 2018, NY Times BUNDANOON, Australia ? Even into her 80s, Mary E. White thrived on the expanse of Australian rain forest she...

calling BMW experts
What is the significane of the gauge at the bottom of the speedometer headed 400. It only reads with the engine off but the ignitionon on. Could find no reference in the handbook
16
16

Hardboard faced panelled doors
I have those typical 1980's pressed hardboard panelled doors. They have recently taken a bit of a bashing on the edges due to a wheelchair. What is the best way of sealing and refinishing them to...
1
1

Supamix shower unit
Hello, I am searching for 16 QTS. Supamix Shoer Unit, 1/2" top outlet for 15mm cooper, and I'm unable to find a dealer or supplier that could supply me. If you can help me, I would request you to send...
1
1

Why not connect shed earth with house earth?
Why not connect shed earth with house earth? The earth is only used in fault situation, so having the armoured cable ear thed at both ends can only make things safer, can't it? George diy wiki says:...
4
4