Subject Author Posted Replies

6mm T&E
Both SF and TS websites show 6mm twin and earth as having solid cores, I thought at that size the phases were stranded and the earth solid? Have they just scaled up a photo of 2.5mm cable?
8
8

Pneumatic two hose road testing.
Is there any poster in this group that works in the field of two tube pneumatic testing of traffic stats and how does the data affect traffic rules and speed restrictions. This form of testing can...
17
17

TV aerial ?
STWNFI would like a TV in a corner of the kitchen where I cant get an aerial feed without running cable all round the room with cabinets in the way. is there another way? Some sort of wireless...
14
14

Sealant for a patio
I've got a new patio, laid in sandstone. It so happens that the area I'd intended for the dustbins, compost bins, etc is also sandstone - it worked out cheaper for the guy to get 2 crates of stone and...
8
8

Cable issue
Plastic trunking. Adaptable boxes, drilled to suit. Owain
6
6

smoke alarms ....
I went for a compromise: FireAngel ST-622: The FireAngel ST-622 combined optical smoke and heat alarm with 10 year sealed long life lithium battery. Thermoptek® multi-sensor technology. Optimised...
14
14

Database interfaces
If I've asked this before, I'm sorry, but once again I'm hoping to move databases to a new to me machine, and feel I ought to try to sort things out once and for all. Just as I did last time and the...
14
14

Kitchen sinks and taps
so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink, surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any other metal finish) Does anyone sell white taps anymore? like bugger they do tim
15
15

OT: "there is no point in having wind power or solar power in the UK"
Country should focus on nuclear power and carbon capture technologies, former chief scientific adviser said in his final interview Guest essay by Ed Hoskins Introduction The Weather Dependent...
25
25

OT: De-Googleify your Android phone!
Check this out: emerges/ https://www.zdnet.com/article/eelo-a-google-less-android-alternative-

Ideas wanted: cheap shed wall
the local auctions. NT
8
8

USB flexible cameras
I want a little camera to put through holes in floorboards, to check for leaking pipes and the like. USB, attached to the laptop should do the trick, but I have tried one before and it was pretty...
3
3

Bamboo Cups, plates, trays etc.
The thread on Bamboo scaffolding reminded me of some Bamboo cups, plates, trays etc I've seen for sale on various places. I think I first saw them in the Eden Project gift shop but I've seen them in...
21
21

Them new-fangled flourescent lights
What about us animals, boy ? Not so true anyone with modern electronic starters. But the whole world has changed now with leds much more efficient again. Don?t forget what the did to the cat.
26
26

OT: Bamboo scaffolding collapsed in Hong Kong.
Interesting picture of this in the Telegraph online. Bamboo not quite as flexible as believed ??. The idea of bamboo javelin spears being flung around is an interesting thought.
6
6