Subject Author Posted Replies

Kitchen cupboard door glass retainer bezel fixed with tiny protruding nails
Two of my kitchen cupboard doors each have a glass insert which is retained with a plastic/MDF moulding. In order to clean the glass and the door I removed the bezel after much prising to find that it...
3
3

Adding an extra 13A socket ...
Just a quick question. What is the (legal?) position re me / one adding an extra double socket (next to an existing) in a living room for / with a non d-i-y mate? I mean, I believe we (or 'competent...
106
106

OT: Ping Synology NAS users.
Hi all, So, based on the advice given here previously (thanks guys) I recommended my elderly friend get a Synology NAS (DiskStation DS216se) with two WD 4TB Red drives in the Synology equiv of RAID1....
24
24

Energy suppliers DD
I have not yet delved into the detail of my bills for the year, to check the numbers, but my E&G DD has been increased three times now from £48 per month, to the present £92. My predicted...
13
13

Pan connector gasket/seal
I'm fitting a new bog, the pan connector is at floor level and runs under a wall, so looks like it would be a ballache to replace. The gasket is knackered. It's not like the current floplast ones...
5
5

Kettle descalent
I live in a soft water area. The other day I took a peek inside my kettle and was disgusted. I ordered the below. ?2.27. Okay, I did give it a few blasting, but the insides of my kettle are now...
31
31

OT: Useless Hermes
We had a parcel delivered in error by Hermes, had it been local I would hav e popped it round myself but it was the other side of town. Tried to contac t Hermes but of course there is no phone number...
19
19

OT.....ZIRP
Interesting. Zero interest-rate policy - Wikipedia

Repair mug handle?
I seem to have broken the handle on one of SWMBO's favourite mugs :( It's a clean break and the handle fits back well. I would like to try and repair it (yes, she already knows). What is the best...
28
28

Weld for plastic?
Google for "burn test plastic", identify the plastic, then choose a suitable "solvent weld" glue. Thomas Prufer
2
2

Manual typewriter servicing?
Well up until fairly recently there used to be a project at one of HM Prisons which serviced old manual typewriters as they also did Braille machines, but apparently due to low demand I think it...
19
19

6mm T&E
Both SF and TS websites show 6mm twin and earth as having solid cores, I thought at that size the phases were stranded and the earth solid? Have they just scaled up a photo of 2.5mm cable?
8
8

Pneumatic two hose road testing.
Is there any poster in this group that works in the field of two tube pneumatic testing of traffic stats and how does the data affect traffic rules and speed restrictions. This form of testing can...
17
17

TV aerial ?
STWNFI would like a TV in a corner of the kitchen where I cant get an aerial feed without running cable all round the room with cabinets in the way. is there another way? Some sort of wireless...
14
14

Sealant for a patio
I've got a new patio, laid in sandstone. It so happens that the area I'd intended for the dustbins, compost bins, etc is also sandstone - it worked out cheaper for the guy to get 2 crates of stone and...
8
8