Subject Author Posted Replies

That looks like fun
swapping that fuse box. There must be a second fuse box looking at the Henley block and that socket is knackered. File:4.jpg - DIYWiki
22
22

Ex apprentices
Does anyone want to know what they get up to when they leave us?
23
23

OT: Elon Musk undefr fire..
Actually unless he has said more elsewhere, in the old interview I heard he said may be going public. It seems that today you cannot actually postulate about your company. I suspect this has a lot to...
6
6

OT 'Full Clinical Record' systmonline
No idea, is there notsupposed to be an nhs app coming soon to try to link all of these up. I see a flying pig if it works first go! Brian
48
48

Sliding on leather furniture Q ...
SWMBO uses a wheelchair and of late, transferring to and from our sofa has become a bit too exciting :( One of the issues is that it's a genuine leather sofa. And despite the leather feeling smooth to...
19
19

glock36
glock36............45acp 3476568450
2
2

Boiler filling loops are often connected incorrectly
Specifically, the boiler-side ball valve is connected the wrong way round. I purchased a pre-made Pegler set of valves and flexible tube and noticed it was pre-made in the same incorrect way as the...
3
3

Disposal of 4litres of petrol with 2 stoke additive
How is the best way of disposing of this? could it be added to a petrol car Without detrimental effect?
26
26

22.5 deg. 1/4" shank router cutter
I want to edge some showerboard (faced plastic) to produce a 45 deg. join. Apart from some Chinese stuff on e-bay and others priced in dollars, there doesn't seem much supplier choice. Any...
8
8

Cooker Hood for Island - Where do I start ?
Hi all, I'm currently knocking through the kitchen to the dining room for a total kitchen conversion and will have an Island for the hobs and dishwasher. Something that I thought was trivial has...
12
12

Electric power: a large grey cabinet run from a computer display
Well, that's the highly informative description from the BBC "It's based on an entirely new device called a Faraday Exchanger," he says. It is a large grey cabinet run from a computer display. "The...
8
8

OT dogs
Despite the way science has disgraced itself in the last fifty years by climbing on certain socio-political bandwagons, I still favour science over faith. Therefore I don't accept any supernatural...
21
21

Twin slot shelving
At the risk of being on topic.... The shelving is fitted and approved by the user. I managed to find the studs which turned out to be 400 spacing and closer than I really needed for 25mm shelves. No...
7
7

OT: Annoyances - mobile phones used on car speakers
Annoyance number 472: people who use their mobile in their car while parked, with the window down, using a 4kW stereo to listen to the phone. Everyone can hear your private conversation!
12
12

Installing shower
I have had a long lecture from someone who has seen a video online showing a shower being fitted. That includes testing the output temperature with a thermometer. In practice, does anyone ever do...
9
9