Subject Author Posted Replies

DC adapters
My son has recently bought a Fuji Digital camera (which he is very pleased with) - and is wanting to know whether an existing 3v adapter he has for a Sony disk system would be compatible with it. The...
14
14

Angle grinders, questions & aldi review
Some questions. I was happily grinding my angles when the bearings began to go. The gearbox was hot though the motor was cool, and it felt like an engine that kept mi ssing. It made unwelcome bearing...
5
5

Chinese Refugee Developed Fiber-Optic Technology That Made the Internet Possible
Chinese Refugee Developed Fiber-Optic Technology That Made the Internet Possible When others thought it was a pipe dream, Charles Kao saw potential for transmitting light pulses through glass By James...

Lighting circuit
Simplistically, am I right in understanding that a lighting circuit is linear (not a ring main)? All the action takes place on the red (*) wire. In each room there are two drop cables: one to the...
156
156

That looks like fun
swapping that fuse box. There must be a second fuse box looking at the Henley block and that socket is knackered. File:4.jpg - DIYWiki
22
22

Ex apprentices
Does anyone want to know what they get up to when they leave us?
23
23

OT: Elon Musk undefr fire..
Actually unless he has said more elsewhere, in the old interview I heard he said may be going public. It seems that today you cannot actually postulate about your company. I suspect this has a lot to...
6
6

OT 'Full Clinical Record' systmonline
No idea, is there notsupposed to be an nhs app coming soon to try to link all of these up. I see a flying pig if it works first go! Brian
48
48

Sliding on leather furniture Q ...
SWMBO uses a wheelchair and of late, transferring to and from our sofa has become a bit too exciting :( One of the issues is that it's a genuine leather sofa. And despite the leather feeling smooth to...
19
19

glock36
glock36............45acp 3476568450
2
2

Boiler filling loops are often connected incorrectly
Specifically, the boiler-side ball valve is connected the wrong way round. I purchased a pre-made Pegler set of valves and flexible tube and noticed it was pre-made in the same incorrect way as the...
3
3

Disposal of 4litres of petrol with 2 stoke additive
How is the best way of disposing of this? could it be added to a petrol car Without detrimental effect?
26
26

22.5 deg. 1/4" shank router cutter
I want to edge some showerboard (faced plastic) to produce a 45 deg. join. Apart from some Chinese stuff on e-bay and others priced in dollars, there doesn't seem much supplier choice. Any...
8
8

Cooker Hood for Island - Where do I start ?
Hi all, I'm currently knocking through the kitchen to the dining room for a total kitchen conversion and will have an Island for the hobs and dishwasher. Something that I thought was trivial has...
12
12

Electric power: a large grey cabinet run from a computer display
Well, that's the highly informative description from the BBC "It's based on an entirely new device called a Faraday Exchanger," he says. It is a large grey cabinet run from a computer display. "The...
8
8