Subject Author Posted Replies

Holding spectacle frame screws
Metal spectacle frame screws, the ones that clamp the lens in the frame by closing the frame at the hinge end of the frame. So small that they are hard to even get into the hole, partly because the...
25
25

OT: Alexa getting really annoying
For some reason recently every time I stream any video on my iPad the Amazon Echo insists on playing the soundtrack over the Echo. I don't know what I have done to cause this and worst still do not...
13
13

New toy^Hol
Spent a few days recently installing a new kitchen for parents, quite knackering and they insisted on buying me something as a thank-you, I do have a mitre saw but is somewhat "agricultural", so I...
1
1

Broken screw in arm knukle of specs
Are these glasses with plastic sides? I seem to recall that using a bit of heat the plastic can be softened and the bit with the thread replaced and it resecured, but of course there are probably so...
13
13

Stopping at a bus stop.
All along a red route in London the only reason for stopping is breakdown or ill health I understand. Brian
140
140

Woodworm treatment
Surprisingly long. Our loft was done before we moved in and the wooden surfaces are still lethal to flying insects nearly 25 years later. There is more than one formulation about. ISTR The water based...
13
13

Immersion Heater in Bathroom advice please?
I don't find an airing cupboard to be any use. I'd want to do something useful with the space. NT
11
11

Wet carpet
I once helped a friend strip out a bathroom in a house he had recently purchased. A carpet had been fitted and the toilet then fitted on top of it. The smell of stale urine was present before the...
19
19

OT: Is there a workaround to get back to the "old" gmail interface?
The new Gmail interface is a dreadful mess and there no longer seems to be a way to revert to the previous one - has anyone found a way? If Gmail doesn't provide a way to change back I'll be looking...
9
9

Firefox oddity..
I usually have a number of tabs open for different sites in Firefox. The left most one is usually the one for a certain car forum I visit frequently. Firefox indicates on each tab, an icon and some...
8
8

"SPAX" decking screws - headsup
Fitted a load of decking July 2015. I used the cleverly designed SPAX screws which are threaded, blank and threaded, with the upper thread going into the decking board while the lower one tightens...

OT: Westminster bridge pictures
The coroner has criticised people who took photographs of the carnage and posted them on the internet. Why? Surely we are entitled to see pictures that show the true horror of the attack. Could it be...
38
38

OT: May's rotten speech
Had to turn off after about 2 minutes. Thought I was going to puke. Can't they find a *proper* leader FFS? This bitch is trying to be all things to all people and that ain't possible; it just can't be...
20
20

Fix wireless HP print/scan power save fault.
Anyone with one of these printer/scanners which get infrequent use will probably have experienced the situation where it drops into "power save" mode, which appears to be an HP synonym for "off". No...
8
8

Sat nav day/night screens ..
Anyone know what they work by ?