Subject Author Posted Replies

Scammer Identification
I recently have had a couple of 'no number' phone calls. My response was to try *69 and *59 which calls back to show their number, but they seem to have got around this by referring the call to...
9
9

Glue
Yes an actual d-i-y question! Securing polyurethane foam inside the roof of a steel tractor cab. I have ordered a slab of reconstituted foam to replace the existing home for Robins and Wasps! The...
17
17

window "seating" material
We have a window where there is a bit of a gap/recess between the wooden frame and the double glazed unit (this on the inside of the window). I'm being urged to make good - what material should I use...
4
4

Smart meter installed by EDF - a largely pointless change
I'd been resisting smart meters for some time, but after EDF told us that our existing meters were past their use-by date and potentially dangerous, I gave in and we had them replaced by "smart"...
27
27

Clifford James Alask boots
Many years ago I bought three pairs of these very comfy zip up boots, and have almost lived in them summer and winter. Not the steel toed ones, the ordinary ones. Now I've just split the upper from...
6
6

is this crazy or not?
I put a BRAND new B&D Sander on eBay, This sander is from 1991, never been used and still in the box.... and is 32 years OLD. A person wins the bid at £7.00 and pays £2.99 for shipping. I then go...
16
16

Sorting the lawn out
Hi all Time has come to sort the lawn out. There are areas which are largely moss, lots of bald patches, some little purple flowers and also an area I overseeded last year with completely different...
21
21

Search engine
Anyone using Opera (Brave)? Farming group recommendation but doesn't seem to like W8 32bit:-)
28
28

Old Land Rovers and aluminium construction.
I have been watching a series on youtube about a kiwi fella restoring an old mark 1 Land Rover Discovery. There is a bit of rust he has to deal with. My question is why weren't older vehicles like...
30
30

great video of times gone by
"I am a Midlander, and that is - I do believe - the most uninspiring, uninteresting, unexciting English tribe to belong to." - Ray Gosling. In Two Town Mad, Northampton born journalist Ray Gosling...
11
11

Strange Cache entries in Thunderbird
Just done month-end backups using Windows 7 backup and got another error about a missing file. The file in question is a directory and it is indeed missing but I have no recollection of it ever...
2
2

Who to order electronic components from?
I have a small project on, and need to order up around 40 different, low cost components up - which company might be the best one to try to place the order with please? It's basically a DC to DC...
57
57

OT: Using biodiesel can clog engines
Extraordinary! They destroy thousands of hectares of virgin rainforests in Indonesia to produce palm oil for 'green' fuels, and it doesn't even work properly. and more generally will destroy...
13
13

Restore yellowed fluorescent diffuser?
The fluorescent light in our kitchen is probably about 10 years old; I fitted it back them. 6ft tube, at some point I'll convert it to LED. I'd rather not replace it completely. The diffuser unclips...
9
9

Form tenmplates urgently required.
I'm needing to compile a compendium of forms of all kinds into a workbook. Forms that have no possible destination that is My wife due to diminishing potential for other domestic activites has become...