Subject Author Posted Replies

America in 1915: Long Hours, Crowded Houses, Death by Trolley
America in 1915: Long Hours, Crowded Houses, Death by Trolley Bad news: No antibiotics. Good news: Streetcars, everywhere! by DEREK THOMPSON, FEB 11, 2016, The Atlantic The presidential campaign is...

getting a man in .......
Does the threat from the wife "I will get a man in" usually spur you into DIY action? ......
11
11

Cleaning sink stainless steel (caustic soda?)
In article , Marland writes Available from Lakeland.
23
23

Hive System- anyone fitted one?
I've been looking at the Hive systems to control CH, including hot water. We've a modern gas powered system with basic timer and thermostat at the moment. Timer is fitted on, what (as far as I can...
13
13

Cleaning cooker cast iron (caustic soda ?)
We have a built in hob, with 3 cast iron pan supports. Which are a pig of a size to work with anywhere. Would soaking them in a caustic soda solution clean off the accumulated muck and grease without...
16
16

is the tide turning
cf leader in Daily Mail Editorial: A new editor has abandoned the aggressive tone with which the Mail campaigned for Brexit. This reflects a change in the public mood...
23
23

3.0 2018 f r b
* 3.0 2018 f r b* '[image: '( '* 3.0*' ( '* 3.0*' ( '* 3.0*' ( . 70- . (2018). : , , , ., 99, . : . Johnny English Reborn. HD , - 15 2011. 3 (2019). 17, 2018 , , , : 1 392. 15:00 (12+) 2D, . :...

Sink Taps!
I spent a good part of today showing No 1 son-in-law how to replace the 'tails' on their kitchen sink tap. It turned into a s*d of a job due to the securing stud/nut being well and truly stuck. Why on...
23
23

OT Kinda: best tablet option for workplace read-only document access
Hi peeps, I need to make easily available to staff in multiple locations documents st ored in Dropbox. We have always kept paper folders but keeping them uptodat e and in order has been a mare of a...
7
7

Communication issues
I am trying to replace my current British Gas thermostat ( without timer) to a British Gas WPT1 so I can set times for heating. Should be easy - NOT. The new thermostat is not communicating with the...
7
7

12gb for a year???
I have absolutely no idea to what you refer. Brian
11
11

solar powered pir led lights
I'm looking at solar powered pir outdoor leds. Does the solar panel have to face the sun or is sky view sufficient. ( Id need to make up a bracket to allow the panel face south)
14
14

Max Nomad (1881–1973) is the pseudonym of Austrian author and
Max Nomad (1881?1973) is the pseudonym of Austrian author and educator Maximilian Nacht. Nomad wrote of himself: "I remain a lone-wolf philosophical anarchist whose sympathies go out to the poorest of...
1
1

Turntable
Posting here just in the remote possibility that someone has one of these turntables and can help. A friend gave away all his vinyl LP's some time ago, having transferred a lot to CD**. He has now...
17
17

UK workers
Made me smile. http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/7/73/UK_workers.png