Subject Author Posted Replies

Nailgun Furniture construction
Tried using a 1st fix nailgun to make timber furniture today for the first time, with 95mm plain nails. I was hoping as much as possible could be nail ed to speed up production. What I learnt: 1 nail...
6
6

Soot fall behind gas fire and removing fire.
There has been a soot fall behind my gas fire. I need to turn the gas off to the fire at the restrictor elbow so I can remove the fire. Is this something I can do as I want to clean it out ready for...

Pressurised CH Systems
We've never had a pressurised CH system but eldest has recently bought a house with one and I'm 'learning' about them ;-) How often do you need to re-pressurise a system? Is it normally something the...
16
16

Steering ball joint taper
I need to replace a steering joint on a tractor for which the parts are no longer available, I am going to look for a suitable substitute but wonder if the taper on these ball joints are a standard...
3
3

Underfloor heating mixer - inbuilt loop stat - any point?
I've got a couple of these to be fitted next week: (because 2 units is simpler to control than a 2 way manifold and lets me set different loop temperatures) Couple of things: 1) The 3 port valve - I...
2
2

Gas Fure, restrictor valve, soot fall and removing gas fire to clean this out.
There has been a soot fall behind my gas fire. I need to turn the gas off to the fire at the restrictor elbow so I can remove the fire. Is this something I can do as I want to clean it out ready for...
1
1

301 weiterleitung
Las VEgas 'Hanfsamen kaufen' (https://www.hanf-samen.kaufen/)supermarkt

OT: If all cars were electric ...??
If all cars were electric what, based on existing car ownership and mileage, would be the power demand over say 24 hrs, and any estimates as to peak? Approximately what contribution would have solar...
153
153

Upholding the traditions of UK-DIY ...
Upholding the traditions of UK-DIY ... I have just spent 70 minutes repairing a part that costs £3.45 to replace. :)
31
31

Smart Meter firmware update
I'm just in the process of switching suppliers, so whilst on the phone to them, I asked about my SM's and would they need to be swapped out yet again. E.On said they are not swapping them now, they...
7
7

Stiffening a length of copper pipe
My late wife had made a wonderfully colourful patchwork bedspread, that came out once a year at Christmas. I would like to hang it on a wall, rather like a tapestry, so that it's on view all the time,...
41
41

Central Heating
A pal's heating is really poor and various usual fixes haven't worked. I am now wondering if a problem has been overlooked. Would it be possible for: 1. The Boiler and Pump being wired in Series and...
7
7

OT: rip off
We look after the TV system at an old people's flats complex down the road. These aren't high rise; there's a whole lot of two-floor six-blocks, all running from one central aerial. Off-air signals...
12
12

Wossup wiv this line?
Friend down the road has BT line and BT FTTC. It sems to work broadband wise but te landline is - weird. Mostly if you ring it it starts off OK, then the ring tone goes all broken. If he detects it...
14
14

Shopping
Just go and buy them, you have my CC. Or do you want me to go to the shop with you? Could do the one on the A1 and call at Redbecks for a breakfast special on the way back.
15
15