Subject Author Posted Replies

Long connector to join into a ring main??
Hi All, I am wanting to connect a socket into a ring main as a spur. The cable I want to connect to has very little slack, so once I?ve cut it, the ends will be too short to use with the old school JB...
46
46

Apprentice humour
We've an apprentice, he's a lovely lad. But he moves at the pace of a glacier, I don't think he's ever put more than a hour in between breaks/lunch/bog visits, he can comprehensively fuck up the...
29
29

OT Energy price cap.
As I see it, this will benefit the rich. But the regulator admits that the cap will rise next year, reducing the average £76 saving
7
7

How to find needed pill in trip?
One of the most frequent questions asked 'pill in trip' ( by travellers relate to carrying medicines for their own personal 'pill in trip' () use across international borders. This is often prompted...

Glueing battery connections
I said I would report back about my experiments with replacement CR2032 bios batteries in laptops. On my Acers and Lenovos these had spot-welded tags soldered to short wires to tiny plugs, the whole...
8
8

TOT: MK plug
Following the Branston theme, I bought an MK plug (unusually a red one) and it came with English and Arabic instructions. Two cards were attached with wiring instructions. Does this mean they export a...
19
19

Replacing a Newteam 201 Power Shower
I am hoping that someone is in a position to assist please. My shower, installed 2001, has come to the end of its life, been taken out and dumped and I am trying to find a direct replacement that can...
17
17

Cordless phone battery sudden death investigation
There was a thread recently about someone wanting new batteries for their cordless phone, which looked happy but would then die without warning. Mine did that, and I put the old NiMH batteries on an...
11
11

TOT: Branston pickle
I bought a jar of Branston at the weekend. I see the label says 'NOT FOR EXPORT'. Any ideas what might be the reason for this? Could it be preparatory for Brexit? Possibly lack of multilingual...
55
55

Anchor Supplies Nottingham
Anchor Supplies, military surplus dealers, at the old Cattle Market, Nottingham, on the corner of Incinerator Road, have been, um, incinerated It appears the fire was due to a firework Ripley depot...
18
18

Soldering iron bits
It's time for my 18 year old nephew to learn how to solder wires and such like. In Lidl today, I saw a 48W Parkside soldering station complete with a couple of concial bits and a very steeply angled...
51
51

DeWalt UK
Does anyone have a contact no / email for DeWalt UK? There's a "3 year guarantee" leaflet with my new toy pointing to but clicking "United Kingdom" gives an error. All other countries work. The same...
8
8

Dangerous copper clad aluminium stranded flex warning
Turkey again - haven't forgiven them for the dodgy T+E debacle (I escaped but not until some panic - I had used a lot of cable from a maker with a not dissimilar name). QA seems to be somewhat wanting...
25
25

Lidl battery charger.
From this coming Thurday, Lidl have a new model (rather than their other ones which come up from time to time) car battery charger for 40 quid. Claims to be able to start a car very quickly. But no...
16
16

Dying Kindle
My wife?s 3G Kindle Paperwhite has suddenly stopped charging. Tried different leads and chargers but the orange LED never comes on to indicate charging. We know that they work on my Kindle. Pressing...
20
20