Subject Author Posted Replies

Clocks - and generic information panels
That thread on clocks and the mention of a WIFI clock got me thinking: Has anyone ever made a clock based around an inexpensive Android pad or even a Pi + screen combo? Something that just sits on the...
11
11

hydro electric
Has anybody who has not got a water meter ever thought about installing a small hydro electric generator to reap back some of the water and lecy bills?
139
139

TOT Amazon prime
Delivered Sunday by at 7:20am. Text message sent at 6:30 stating a 30 minute delivery slot and a phone call from the driver 10 minutes before delivery. AO - the online electricals store. Incredible...
37
37

gaslecy
Only you can tell by looking at the bills and useage. Have you ever switched supplier and if you have when does(did) that contract end?
19
19

Freeview CatchUp in EPG
The ability to scroll back via a TV's to TV programs which have already been shown or even which are already mid way through. Is the program list served up via the antenna, or the connection to the...
5
5

Shower tap servicing
Embedded shower tap is dripping badly now from overhead faucet. Can anyone advise from pic what is required to fix it - I presume a replacement cartridge of some sort but will this only be apparent...
11
11

Mad question about electric clock
There is a radio controlled clock at my former workplace. As I installed it, I am still getting the blame that it is not working. I'll check the battery voltage but it does seem to me that the battery...
52
52

Laptop salvage ...
Our lad has just found his old "Acer" laptop (circa 2012 model). mysteriously minus charger ?????? Anyway, I've retrieved it, plugged a charger in .... and nowt. Is it possible the battery is...
30
30

Does Medicaid pay for electric wheelchairs?
GLOBAL ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIR MARKET was valued at USD 2.01 Billion in the year 2017. Global Electric Wheelchair Market is further estimated to grow at a CAGR of 17.95% from 2018 to reach USD 5.4 Billion...

Advice on best was to seal bi-fold door base
I recently had some bi-fold doors fitted in the dining room and I'm about to work on the floor in the same room. I find the fitting methodology of the bi-fold company questionable. First, a damp...
2
2

Re: gaslecy
It's that way round for us, too.
8
8

Old foam backed carpets
Soon I will have to get my upstairs bedrooms recarpeted. Now they were done many years ago with foam backed carpet, and a peak under the edge of one shows that this, in most cases has turned to a kind...
20
20

How can those Chinese water heaters work?
Those cheap Chinese water heaters which are simply two plates of metal, one on live and one on neutral, how can they work? Because the resistivity of tap water apparently varies from 2 to 200 ohm...
11
11

Re: dusty bin
Some people would kill for that many bins. We have to fit all our recycling in a crate - and they give you a small bag for cardboard instead of a full-size bin for it, so you have to spend ages...
5
5

Humax PVR.
My Humax PVR (BT version) is faulty. is there a better make?
31
31