Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: radio adverts
Well like an ad blocker on a browser, but the problem is not you its the people making the adverts that apparently do not get the art of how to advertise without pissing off the listener. Point one,...

G9 Lampholder
I have a ceiling lamp with 5 splayed out G9 Lamps. One has started to arc and needs replacing. Damned if I can see how to do it. It looks like is has a one way lock. The lampholder has a threaded...
2
2

Stud finder device, connects to Android phone
Has anyone tried one? it actually works it looks better than any device I've ever tried but I don't want to spend £60 to try it How to find studs in the walls? The best stud finder lets you see...
1
1

Bathroom mirrors
Any gotchas about fixing full length bathroom mirrors you care to share?
48
48

Scissors design
I once made some scissors as an apprentice project.
15
15

DriveImage XML
Just cloning a 500g HD to an SSD. Using XP to free up the HD. Says it will take almost 6 hours. Still, if it works, cheaper than buying an SSD with a better cloning prog. ;-)

Bit OT - ironing boards
I hate ironing but need to do some trousers. I've 2 irons (somewhere) but no board. Now, plenty on various sites but they all look flimsy and get poor reviews re. durability and ricketiness. Almos all...
23
23

Magiglow Elite (coal effect real flame) gas fire.
We used this fire and had British Gas issued safety certificate up to mid 2017. Then we needed a new gas boiler in January 2018. After the boiler was fitted the gas fire didn't work (non-related...
3
3

Well, I never!
A Taiwanese hiker famed for posing in her bikini on mountain summits has died during a solo trek. Gigi Wu is believed to have died of hypothermia ...
21
21

Screw/wallplug size
I am replacing some old wall lights with some new Där fittings. I was somewhat surprised to see that the wallplugs and screws supplied were of different lengths. The wallplugs were 25mm x 5mm, and...
34
34

up is on or up is off? .....
do you think the merrycan way of switching with down off is more sensibubble that what we do in the uk ?
45
45

OT: traitors in high places
I see the Bomber Command memorial has been vandalised again. The memorial salutes the 58,000 people who died so that we could remain free. The memorial has been vandalised four times in six years. Why...
17
17

John C. Bogle, Founder of Vanguard Group, Dies at 89
John C. Bogle, Founder of Vanguard Group, Dies at 89 By Jason Zweig & Sarah Krouse, Jan. 17, 2019, Wall St. Journal ?If all investors had heeded his ideas, they would be hundreds of billions of...

John Rumm - VRC 470F more.
Hi John - still doing battle royal with this and no progress, no conclusion at all.. I wonder if you might do me small favour? Check your The VRC 470F, going into Installer Level> System> Control...
6
6

Light switch is stiff.
I have a couple of wall light switches that are stiff (rocker type), is it worth or safe to spray the mechanism with say graphite lubricant or a case of just replace them.
18
18