Subject Author Posted Replies

replacement doors to house
We need two doors in our house replaced, one in the kitchen going out to the yard, and the front door to the house. Who would do such work in my area, London SW12? I can spend a little more money, I...

Part P like-for-like replacement
Not having much luck with lighting at the moment. :-(( One of the three bathroom downlight bulbs went this morning - the one over the shower. It was a 12v/20w halogen bulb G5.3/MR16 fitting. I...
50
50

Virgin or not virgin?
Situation. My neighbour who has home phone and tv, has had several phone calls saying they were from virgin but with completely incomprehensible English saying a new box was coming. She told them they...
8
8

saving money by using less leccy
On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 14:19:37 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom wrote: Makes sense, thanks. noreply.com
59
59

Adobe photo downloader
I have Photoshop 4, ancient and long superceded but it does all I want. I run it under 32 bit Win 7. My new-to-me computer running 64-bit Win 7 won't run PS 4, so I've had to upgrade to PS 7....
3
3

Updating lighting wiring
That's why I asked the question. Would it be within the regs to connect up the earth of cabling which is already there, even if the rest of that cabling is the "wrong" colour? That would be a happy...
6
6

Cheap Watches
From the part number printed on the mechanism. If none, I suppose one would have to go by dimensions and length of winder, these seem to be main variables. Also whether it has a second hand. Mine...
18
18

Free Bosch GSR 18-2 drill
As per above. P&P not included:-) Found it when clearing out some crap. No charger and one battery. Seems a shame to throw it into land fill. It's been left over from when the van was broken into...
5
5

Overhead mains feed outdoors - rules?
OK, I know Part P applies, but still..... What are the rules/requirements for overhead cables? I want to run a short feed to a shed from the existing consumer unit in our garage. It will (probably) be...
7
7

Conduit fixed below joists OK?
If you use 20mm plastic conduit it will take 2 x 2.5 mm T&E, and you can use metal conduit saddles to satisfy the fire support requirements. Drawback with conduit is that you have to thread the cables...
19
19

Water blending question
In article >, Tim+ writes: You could try a thermostatic shower specially for a combi or multipoint water heater. These include a pressure equialisation valve on the inputs, and are very fast acting...
5
5

How to fix plastic part
Any ideas how to fix this, it looks like originally it was held together by 2 plastic lugs. and one has broken off. the diamater of the hole is approx 12mm. In simple terms I want to glue them back...
13
13

CO2 levels
If this year is expected to have the biggest increase in CO2 levels due to El Nino making plants/trees less 'thirsty' for the stuff, then will the next La Nina year produce a corresponding smaller...
29
29

OT: Puncture
BTW you can buy kits to easily fix that straightforward type of puncture off ebay for about a fiver.
55
55

Incompetant installer
almost ten years ago, we had the boiler replaced and part of the job involved for some reason, replacing a perfectly good and working wired room stat in the hall. Replaced with a wireless one, mounted...
5
5