Subject Author Posted Replies

Network DVD has gone bust :-(
thought it was odd that their web site had stopped working today. Some rubbish news: the wonderful DVD and Blu-ray company Network Distributing has reportedly gone into liquidation. Some rubbish news:...
17
17

Poltergeist?
In mid-April I posted a message with the subject "Great service" about very quickly receiving a replacement remote-control receiver for a DC 6-speed and reverse fan which was not working properly. The...
7
7

wotizzit?
OK, given that grandad was a farmer I presume it's for something like dragging sacks about on the back of a trailer (or maybe lifting if you had a pair of them)? <>
27
27

Profiteering or not.?
I was surprised by the 40% increase in Asda's tinned curry that was packaged long before for the spike in inflation.
106
106

Source of legacy USB leads
I have a legacy electronic device which has a USB type A mini charging port. I am looking for a USB lead with a type A connector at one end and a type A mini connector on the other end. I am finding...
21
21

The Radio Station for uk.d-i-y?
In case you didn't know about this (I didn't!) there's a radio station aimed directly at people across the spectrum of the building trades. Fix Radio. See: avoid the paywall, use the archived version...
3
3

Ideal Boiler not firing up.
Ideal Boiler Logic Heat 18 fires up fine when i call for central heating from the Drayton LP722 Programmer, but not when calling for hot water. When i phoned Ideal People they said probably the...
8
8

Redundant power tools
Last August I bought an Erbauer track saw and later an Erbauer electric planer. I wanted them for three furniture projects, now completed. I plan to sell them. If anyone in this group are interested,...
2
2

One HUGE advantage of Peeler ...
... is that she or he of they snips everything except that to which she or he or they is replying. Many people here quote the whole of a post when replying such that the new material is off the bottom...
7
7

Satnav query,
I want to send my home location to someone visiting me. Postcode info is ratger innaccurate - it's a big postcode My (android) phone has Tomtom Go and obviously knows where it is from satellite info,...
76
76

Pressure washer range/height question
We've got solar panels with pigeons. Trying to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, we're wondering if a pressure washer could spray as far as the ridge of the roof. 1. It'd be good fun...
14
14

Part P certificate: an update and a question
Following the advice in my original thread that I couldn't get a Part P certificate on an installation some years ago without having a completely new inspection, I arranged exactly that with the local...
33
33

Dry Walling advice
I am in the process of dry walling my mancave. So far I have taped all the joints and applied a second layer on all the joints with a curved trowel. I have noticed that the second coat has brought up...
2
2

moving house
"He can't move the motorway, but he can move the cottage." Work to improve a short section of the A1 road between London to Edinburgh means that a 17th century cottage in Digswell Hill, Hertfordshire...
2
2

Adhesive
A few weeks ago I sought advice on this NG about affixing plinths to the underside of IKEA sideboards. The general view was to use an adhesive, avoiding unsighhtly screwheads. I decided to fix some 43...
13
13