Subject Author Posted Replies

Painting
In my working days I've stopped over in many Travelodges and such. I've always noticed the walls are painted a different colour to the ceilings and that the change in colour is as far as I could see...
25
25

Combi boiler hot water issues and questions
The Baxi 105HE combi boiler is right at the back of the rear utility room extension of a bungalow, approx 15m from the kitchen which is at the front of the house and where the mains comes in. The...
4
4

attn: news.individual.net users
In particular one using a gmail addy ... WTF can't I reply to your posts ? It's only you - something somewhere is putting a CR/LF in the "References" header field which is causing either ES, or PAN to...
10
10

Decorators in on Tuesday
I'm getting a couple of walls painted. These have got woodchip on some of them but not all (no idea why). Anyway, the decorators have said if the walls aren't in great nick they'll use lining paper....
22
22

Best self-assembly electronics kits for beginners?
On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 05:47:09 -0000 (UTC), Nige Danton wrote: Not sure how things are going now, but a great source of bits was radio rallies. I used to go years back, when large numbers of amateurs...
79
79

laser levels
Recommendations please! I need something that will work outdoors, range only 10m max, mainly for concrete, drainage, etc. Bill
7
7

Installing a Stannah stair lift 260
Please help. I bought a Stannah stair lift 260 for my father and I tried to install it today. I can?t work out how to get the chair on to the rails. As it so heavy I tried to fit the chair to the...
1
1

Create icon
Could someone remind me how to use a jpg file as a shortcut icon? I have done it before but I cannot for the life of me remember how. Thanks
4
4

Migrating Windows 10 to new SSD
I?m not having much luck with upgrading my daughter?s Windows 10 laptop with an SSD. I?ve worked out how to make an image file but that doesn?t seem to be bootable so I?m obviously missing something...
29
29

How much????
Just browsing through Screwfix catalogue in preparation for some electrical work and came across these: will be careful not to drop too many of those. Adam's going to have to ration them out with his...
5
5

Garage doors for maximum height
I have bought a new (to me) tractor and to my pleasant surprise the cab is lower than the ROPS system of my old tractor and thus the new tractor will fit into my garage if I change the up and over...
18
18

Where to buy 2.5 metre lengths of studding?
Can anone suggest where I might buy a couple of 2.5 metre long lengths of (something like) M10 studding? I can find 1 metre lengths by the dozen, but nothing longer.
11
11

Compact colour laser?
Hi all, I'm possibly looking out for a compact colour laser printer and have some requirements (sort of in order of importance). 1) Reasonably compact, height being the least important. 2) No 'sticky...
40
40

Surge protection
I have a surge protection extension in the kitchen, used for TV, decoder box and radio. It is very old. I read here recently that these devices may present a fire risk. To my knowledge we have never...
23
23

replacement doors for house
We need two doors in our house replaced, one in the kitchen going out to the yard, and the front door to the house. Who would do such work in my area, London SW12? I can spend a little more money, I...
1
1