6V 55W Q/H bulbs

Page 2 of 2

Sounds like a motorcycle headlight bulb.
Christian.
Huge wrote:

Erm, how about screwfix 19711 ?
Out of interest, how long have you had it? We bought 2 torches two years ago, both of which completely died after one year (batteries). We bought another pair, which did exactly the same thing. They get used every night.
--
Grunff

Bum, bum, bum, bum, bum.        :o)
I spent about 20 minutes looking for those. And I've ordered two from Maplin. And they're more expensive there. Bum, b*gger & w*nk.

A few months, and I only use it occasionally. It stays on charge all the time. There are 6.6 volts from the battery (no load).
[pause while I go and measure the voltage under load]
Damn. Embarassed look.
The battery voltage falls to about 0.2V under load. It isn't the bulb at all.
Huge wrote:

They're good torches, but the batteries really, really suck. The problem is at 10 it hardly justifies a new battery. Also, the switches fail. Two of ours have had big toggles fitted instead.
FWIW, I've stopped buying those, and bought a pair of Maplin QN74R. Much better construction, better batteries, and most importantly better chargers. Normal price is 20, but occasionally they have them at 10. Worth looking out for.
--
Grunff

I only paid 4.99 for the torch. Special offer at Robert Dyas.

I shall keep an eye open for those. Ta.

Unless it's got an intelligent charger it probably doesn't like being left on charge. Do the destructions say you can? Even if they do it would be interesting to measure the charge current on a fully charged battery.
--
*All generalizations are false.

Instructions? We don't need no steenking instructions!
(Apparently we do, of course. Anyhow, dunno.)

I'd say if it has a wall mounting bracket/charger it would be reasonable to suppose it's designed to be left on charge permanently. If just a wall wart - not.
--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?