6V 55W Q/H bulbs

I've got one of those rechargeable torches, like this;

the bulb's gone. Anyone know where I can get another?

Reply to
Huge

Google search for "6V 55W bulb" in the UK turned up a few possibilities. You'll need to identify the bulb base to be sure, but is it one of these:

lot seem to have lost their spares page for this light:

know you hate Winblows, but the Google toolbar add-on for IE is something I would not be without.

Reply to
John Laird

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

but with a single wire attached to one side, terminated in a Lucar connector.

Anyhow, it's more complicated (isn't everything?). The bulb tests OK, it just doesn't work, even when connected directly to the battery.

Mozilla has it built in...

Reply to
Huge

Huge

Reply to
John Laird

Why, thank you.

Reply to
Huge

Erm, how about screwfix 19711 ?

Out of interest, how long have you had it? We bought 2 torches two years ago, both of which completely died after one year (batteries). We bought another pair, which did exactly the same thing. They get used every night.

Reply to
Grunff

They used to be available from Halfords for an amusing price. I have one of the rechargeable handheld spots that uses the same bulb. If you paid more than a fiver for the torch they saw you coming, but Halfords wanted £6 for a bulb. So I took the torch back when the bulb went and the nice man at customer service gave me a brand new torch.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Bum, bum, bum, bum, bum. :o)

I spent about 20 minutes looking for those. And I've ordered two from Maplin. And they're more expensive there. Bum, b*gger & w*nk.

A few months, and I only use it occasionally. It stays on charge all the time. There are 6.6 volts from the battery (no load).

[pause while I go and measure the voltage under load]

Damn. Embarassed look.

The battery voltage falls to about 0.2V under load. It isn't the bulb at all.

Reply to
Huge

They're good torches, but the batteries really, really suck. The problem is at £10 it hardly justifies a new battery. Also, the switches fail. Two of ours have had big toggles fitted instead.

FWIW, I've stopped buying those, and bought a pair of Maplin QN74R. Much better construction, better batteries, and most importantly better chargers. Normal price is £20, but occasionally they have them at £10. Worth looking out for.

Reply to
Grunff

I only paid £4.99 for the torch. Special offer at Robert Dyas.

I shall keep an eye open for those. Ta.

Reply to
Huge

Naah, it's the battery. Only Oct 1st and I win "twonk of the month". (Thanks, John. I'll get you!) I only paid £4.99 for the torch in Robert Dyas. I'll throw it away and get another (better) one.

Reply to
Huge

Unless it's got an intelligent charger it probably doesn't like being left on charge. Do the destructions say you can? Even if they do it would be interesting to measure the charge current on a fully charged battery.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Coming soon to an Ebay auction near you:

6V 55W halogen bulbs, single wire attached. Quantity 2. Reserve - £20.

I'll keep schtum about the current bathroom floor project. Suffice to say, words like "self-", "adhesive", "contact", and "instant" really have been deprecated in the English language. Except where skin is concerned... Anyone want 45 vinyl tiles, hardly used, curling slightly at edges ?

Reply to
John Laird

Reply to
Fishter

Instructions? We don't need no steenking instructions!

(Apparently we do, of course. Anyhow, dunno.)

Reply to
Huge

*grin* The thought did occur.
Reply to
Huge

If you still have access to Makro, they have a very nice one on sale at the moment. Much bigger, I think it's a 12V unit and can also be used as emergency room lighting. Sort of cone shaped with a pistol grip that unfolds from the body, stand it lens down and slide a cover and it turns into a 60W desk lamp sort of thing.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'd say if it has a wall mounting bracket/charger it would be reasonable to suppose it's designed to be left on charge permanently. If just a wall wart - not.

Reply to
Dave Plowman