6mm ply on chipboard floor, expansion gaps?

I intend to lay Karndean king lite tiles on my new upstairs chipboard floor. This is a vinyl floor which doesn't require expansion gaps. However rather irritatingly it requires 6mm ply underneath it for some reason. If I lay this will this require expansion gaps? Thanks

Reply to
sjones

Possibly, depending on the area. I'd be inclined to ask Karndean themselves, 'cos laying vinyl on gaps may lead to some show-through.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I would ask them if the ply is needed. I can see why it's necessary over floor boards but not chipboard.

Reply to
John

From Karndean website . . . .

You could probably omit the ply on a new floor but do follow the fixing and priming instructions above.

Martin

Reply to
Janet Bale