6kg fire extinguishers @ Aldi

On Sun Aldi are doing 6kg fire extinguishers for £19.99

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Foam, Dry Powder, CO2, Water?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What extinguishant?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

i imagine powder as all their other ones have been,

Reply to
Gazz

What useage?

This site

says that powder is unsuitable for offices and living accommodation.

And this youtube link suggests a small extinguisher may not help with car fires.

alan

When I did fire marshalling at a race track, we were under strict instructions not to start attacking a fire until there were 2 x 9 litre foam (to protect the driver) and 2 x 9kg dry powder extinguishers (to attack the fire) ready to use. Anything less was not likely to work, although I have seen 2 x 5kg CO2 successfully extinguish an engine fire in a road car - both were needed.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I assume it has to be water at that price

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You would be wrong then. Dry powder. Easily checked by looking at website.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Red body with a blue band. Probably made in Israel but should work as long as the pressure gauge is in the green. It is not unknown for them to lose pressure.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

The picture on the website shows them saying powder.

Reply to
John Williamson

(the one I remembered and was googling for)

(it's not the only one)

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

Noticed something similar in Lidl today. Coloured red.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Probably a chav with too much fake tan on

Reply to
ARW

In Battersea? Even the Romas have X5s.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not in of Sheffield.

ARW

Is that somewhere oop North?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Somewhere you can buy a baby for £250

and a 2-bed terrace for £30k. You can get 2 or 3 families in that.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

What the hell were they cleaning it with - a battalion of midgets, all armed with toothpicks, picking up each grain of extinguishant individually and carefully wrapping it in gold leaf?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Is that because the end gets cut off?

Reply to