Subject Author Posted Replies

UK National Electric Grid has changed to DC
At the moment, shows the mains frequency as 0.000Hz. G. B. National Grid status G. B. National Grid status
47
47

Car/Caravan breakdown cover
Renewal time, so what's worth having? I need the option of recovery back to home, of the entire outfit, even if the caravan is on a site, at time of breakdown/not on tow.
7
7

Shoe heel repairs with mouldable rubber type material?
There seem to be a number of variations on mouldable type rubber (synthetic?) but is there a particularly hard wearing one that could be used for shoe heel repairs? I have a couple of pairs of...
15
15

Heat protection
We've got a new air fryer and it's going to have to sit underneath a wall cupboard in the kitchen. What can I fasten to the underside of the cupboard to protect it from the heat?
19
19

Blowing up condensers
As an apprentice I had a condenser blow up on me, it was wired the wrong way and must have built up some pressure before the pitch encapsulation released. It dented the ceiling in the lab and left a...
2
2

mottled coatings on spectacles
As per heading. I have one pair that's got a fog all over them and another that's gone really badly mottled. Both have been on the dashboard. Bill
2
2

Boiler Replacement
Some time back I asked for input on boiler replacement, having seen an offer from British Gas for around £1,800 from memory. I have now asked the local plumber (who has a good reputation) for a quote...
40
40

TOT Wave power
While sitting in a long line of traffic today I was listening to the radio and someone was promoting wave electricity generation and indicated that a very successful wave power generator had been...
31
31

Ballbarrow ball
I have an original ballbarrow (Dyson's first invention) but the tyre has perished and split badly. I have searched on the internet for a replacement tyre, but can't find one. Plenty of barrow tyres,...
9
9

Tomato plant issues
Hi all I was given half a dozen tomato plants in small pots. I have repotted them into bigger pots with fresh compost and put them in a little "green house" I had. It is this sort. have been watering...
12
12

TOT Witnessed Signature
I've just had to have my signature witnessed on a legal document (2x lasting powers of attorney). The only stipulations were that it must be someone over the age of 18, not a relative and not anyone...
14
14

vtuner
why can't I get BBC programs on my vtuner internet radios any longer ? ....
35
35

Hacking mobile phone voicemails
Are (or were) mobile phone's voicemails hacked because people don't change the default pin?
20
20

Purple bird crap
We have two bushes front and back with dark green spiky leaves that produce masses of blue berries at this time of the year. Birds eat them and then proceed to excrete purple droppings. They can ruin...
14
14

Dual monitors in different orientations.
A follow-up to my earlier thread on using a TV as a monitor. The focus seems sufficiently different enough to justify a new thread. Following everyone's thoughts and advice, I did a bit of practical...
26
26