Subject Author Posted Replies

Belgium CH Boilers
A slightly frivolous question. I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which has always perplexed me is...
13
13

OT: Garden/Wildlife/Time lapse cameras
As per subject. I am looking to buy one of those external cameras that can be set up near a bird feeder, or used in timelapse or movement mode to monitor movements around the outside of the house....
9
9

Charging a sick power bank
Hi, I have a power bank (branded Power Bank). It used to charge via a surface mount micro USB, but that is now surface unmounted. I?ve opened the unit up (but not got my DMM on it yet. It consists of...
5
5

Re: OT Gaming of petitions - the official response
She's doing a great job of making them unelectable. Governments are about power & taking your money. They achieve acceptance of that with propaganda. It is simply immature to trust what they say.
2
2

Re: OT Gaming of petitions - the official response
As was covered in the earlier thread. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories about the petition. OTOH the text you quote from the GDS is a classic of its kind. It does not mean they detect and...
51
51

Tip permit!
Rocked up at the tip yesterday, with a few big pieces of plasterboard and a couple of croc tubs of shite only to be turned away because i've no permit. Apparently since Feb you've to apply to the...
23
23

OT: Who's on First?
I received a call from D&G, with whom I used to have a (free) warranty extension, which is about to expire. They called me by my correct name. I was then asked to quote my address, to which I asked...
15
15

Overload protection
I am confused about this. I have a 2kW heater wired in to a timer. I want to add a frost protection thermostat, which will (obviously) have to get its live supply before the (fused, isolateble) timer....
22
22

Re: Dribbling through flush valve
Well at least it dribbles safely, My old toilet if it leaks has its overflow right over the top of the door into the garden. Brian
1
1

Old Wood Can Cost More Than New Lumber. People Want It Anyway.
Wood has been reused for construction since time immemorial so why a yank feels a need to tell us in a UK newsgroup when some of our reused timber was already well into its second use before the US...
7
7

connecting coaxial inside a wall plate for TV
On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 19:40:29 +0100, Terry Casey snipped-for-privacy@example. +1 Cheers, T i m
32
32

MK MCBs
Our current CU is an MK and wired as per original 17th amendment. I am replacing it as I need extra ways as well as installing a garage CU. Do the existing RCDs and MCBs fit the new metal CUs, I am...
3
3

Life of a Gate Opener
I've had to replace my Beninca BOB50ME gate opener after 6 years of use and not cheap at £342.40, but looking at the controller stats it has opened and closed 28,495 times or 11 times a day in that...
15
15

razor blades in walls ?
That's pretty funky... Many people have opened up the walls of old houses only to have an avalanche of rusty old blades fall out. Fifty years ago, nearly every bathroom had a medicine cabinet. At the...
2
2

Homegroup on my PC
A short-cut icon has recently appeared on my desktop - a little green sphere with three smaller blue spheres orbiting it like planets. Says its a short-cut to Homegroup. I didn't consciously put it...
3
3