Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: DPD latest
I had a parcel sent from the US near the end of March, and today, I wondered why it had not been delivered. It was shipped with DPD, who are usually pretty good around here. DPD say: "DPD UK | Your...
53
53

OT: Councils.
Happened to look at the newish site our council uses for parking matters. If you apply for a resident's parking pass online, they ask for proof you are who you say. Like a scan of a council tax bill....
25
25

Is bad practice to fit wood across/along grain?
I need to fit two chunks of wooden worktop together with their grain running at right angles. I know I *could* run the join at 45 degrees but that involves all sorts of other problems and compromises....
3
3

replacing the PCB in a gas boiler (ATAG E32C)
The numerical display on my ATAG E32C combi boiler is failing; half the segments don't work any more. This display is on the PCB so I'm guessing the whole PCB has to be replaced. It's about 10 years...
24
24

Re: Crescent Shaped Awning
Yes I think the term is yawning not what they say. I have blocked this serial spammer and maybe we need now to just ignore them. Brian

Windscreen and dashboard suckers
On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 13:57:47 +0100, Terry Casey interior rear-view mirror was simply glued on. When the mirror got knocked on one occasion and fell off, I just glued it back with evostick. Rather...
42
42

How does rechargeable torch recharge?
What I mean is I have a rechargeable torch whereby there is a plug that goes in to the wall socket and the torch sits on it for recharging, it is one of those that is all plastic so no metal contacts...
21
21

OT Well that's next weekends trip decided.
We are just going to use dice at the road junctions and roundabouts to decide which way to turn and after an hour an half of driving the just find the nearest hotel.
23
23

Wire colour dilemma.
I just wired a fan controller, the only fitting on the circuit. To the switch from the CU is a red and black T & E cable. From the controller run neutral and two switched lives via a new bit of 3 core...
3
3

Old Crabtree light switches OK?
I have old Crabtree light switches , 250 volts, brown, bakelite? I'm rewiring with new cable but they have no earth. OK to leave the earth wire unconnected at the back? The screw which holds the...
2
2

Why ? Just why ? (Hive outage ...)
In one sentence can anyone explain to me why I should consider a thermostat that isn't connected to my boiler, but which is connected to a "server" goodness-knows-where which then controls my boiler....
42
42

Bile Amplifier
I was looking in the bay of the flea for phono pre amps And came across a 2 valve or amp. It didn?t say if the valves were included for £19.99, it did say the PSU wasn?t. It also said...... ?The...
24
24

Outdoor cameras to mastic or not
Hi all I am fitting some outdoor CCTV cameras. Was wondering whether I should mastic the bracket on to the wall as well as screw it to seal it? Or. Should I screw it on and then mastic around the...
14
14

A fence tale.
Fence at the end of the garden fell down. Not during high winds, of which we've had plenty, so not quite sure why. Was replaced perhaps 20 years ago. Quick glance showed the posts which had broken to...
1
1

DraftSight No Longer Free
Hi Guys Not sure how many users I have recommended this software to, but unfortunately DraftSight will be a paid for app from later this year. No way am I complaining, I was amazed to find such a...
6
6