Subject Author Posted Replies

A small hardboard escutcheon ...
will conceal where the power drill went out the side of the door when I was mortissing in a new latch barrel. And drilled the spindle hole in on the bottom line of the latch instead of the centre...
10
10

OT Excellent BBQ weather
Just don't try it at Geoff's from CETLtd when you are both pissed up
2
2

Repairing 3 way valve
Honeywell 3 way valve for plan Y. It's shaft was very stiff, I've freed it by waggling but need to disassemble & replace the rubber seal otherwise the problem will just recur. This is the plate...
7
7

Support for hammock
A friend wants to use a tree in her garden (about 7? diameter) and an existing 4?*4? fencepost to support her hammock. I think the tree will be okay but I have grave doubts about the wisdom of using...
5
5

Re: how long
Errm 4" in diam . How many diameters long? Rough idea of sizing . Viva Long 90 Degrees Bend EASI-FIT WC Pan Connector 4" (110mm) Soil PP0005/B. Viva Long 90 Degrees Bend EASI-FIT WC Pan Connector 4"...
3
3

right of way at a mini roundabout
Er, priority to the right ?
83
83

Any experience of "National tool hire shops"?
I was going to hire a lawn aerator from these guys but then found quite a few negative reviews for them. Has anyone here used this company? Good/bad?
16
16

Converting a Countax IBS deck into a mulcher?
I'm toying with the idea of trying to convert my Countax IBS cutting deck into a mulching deck - has anyone here tried it? Countax don't sell a conversion kit (only for the XRD deck) so I'm thinking...
17
17

OT(ish) - signing back of credit card
On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 21:02:09 +0100, Harry Bloomfield > wrote: Would that comply with bank rules?
50
50

Coffee filter cleaning
The tea cup cleaning thread has reminded me to ask... The plastic reusable filters as are common in coffee makers, what can safely be used without damaging the fine filter, to clean them please?
16
16

Grease
Can someone please tell me where I put the hi-temp grease I got a couple of years ago? Cos I can't find it, and I do need it. I really need to create a new 'what's where' list on computer. That worked...
28
28

Family circle
I've just been invited by a younger family member to join their Life360 Circle. I have responded by declining citing security worries. The concept seems to be that you can download their app and see...
12
12

Flooring options
Looking at flooring options for the lounge through into the kitchen... To be laid on top of T&G board... Out front is an unmade road, out back is a garden that gets quite boggy in wet weather and...
11
11

Bleaching tableware - ? - !
Having a mug of tea with a mate the other day, I bemoaned the fact that my beautiful mug (on the outside) had acquired brown stains (on the inside) which can't be removed using the normal nylon...
38
38

bus lanes
does the whitew line down a bus lane mean you can't cross it?....we have bus lanes here that only operate during 7.30 am to 10.30 am...after that you can use them and people also park at the kerb in...
42
42