Subject Author Posted Replies

Freezer alarm
Time to own up, I didn't quite close the freezer door fully - So I am looking for a freezer alarm. Something which will make a noise if the temperature in the freezer rises above say -10C. All I can...
8
8

15mm double check valve
Can someone explain the purpose of the screw in the body?
4
4

Converting from electromagnetic to electronic ballast in fluorescent light
I'm considering replacing the ballast with an electronic one in a 6 ft 70W fitting but wondering what sort of interconnecting wire to use if the lengths of the existing wiring isn't sufficient. I...
9
9

Date the CU
Would the team like to guess the date of the Wylex CU with 100 mA RCD main switch don't have an answer but would be interested in opinions Thanks Owain File:WylexCU-100mA Main Switch.jpg - DIYWiki
7
7

Artex
Hi, This is really a continuation of the plasterbord ceiling question. I am about to redecorate a room and the artex ceiling is suffering from splitting along the perimeter of the plasterboard panels....
10
10

TOT: currency in an independent country
Seems the SNP wants another independence referendum and is looking at introducing a separate currency. They are to discuss this at their conference. What would happen in practice? I understand the...
42
42

OT: this is rather good
Streaming 320 kbps - Hifi Internet Radio - Realtime Encoding SACD 192 kHz > 320 kbps Broadcasting 24/7 - Connecting - Aurender - Bluesound - Sonos - Roon
5
5

OT: French cows dying from EMR
From the DT today - "A group of French cattle farmers is suing the state over the mysterious death of hundreds of cows, which they believe are the victims of harmful electromagnetic fields. Local vets...
28
28

Aldi track saw - Anyone got one?
Having decided that I can improve upon my rather crude circular saw and homemade guide I've started looking at track/plunge saws. By coincidence I received an email from Aldi today which included...
6
6

Help please with Lamona Rienza Swan Neck Monobloc Tap
The above tap is dripping,enough to fill the washing up bowl over night. I cannot find information on dissembling and getting at the ceramic washer to clean/replace it. can some kind person please...
2
2

Best combi for small 3bdr house?
It?s looking like my daughter?s Worcester Bosch boiler needs to be replaced. Recent visit by boiler man resulted in firstly a recommendation for WB care plan as it would probably be cheaper (point in...
32
32

Very strong tape?
Hi all, As you guys can often come up with some good out of the box thinking. ;-) I have an old but very clean (because it's galvanised) adjustable dinghy trailer that needs some unavailable parts....
27
27

TOT: MMR vaccination for adults
There were only voluntary ones apparently when I was born in 1950, but I've never had any as far as I can tell. I have never had any of the three ailments though I only got Chicken pox and Whooping...
42
42

Poor quality connections
I was having some difficulty getting a good tight fitting of some terminal strips and when I examined them I realised why. have fractured with the force of tightening the screws on conductors. Now I'm...
14
14

Table saw recommendations please
I have just been using my rather old and basic WolfCraft saw table with a Skil 'Classic' circular saw mounted in it. I'd not used it for a long while and had to re-learn a few things but it saved me...
9
9