Subject Author Posted Replies

Fluorescent Tube Ban Sept 2023
Just been to to TLC to purchase some comfort components, and noticed a poster saying Fluorescent Tubes will be banned from Sept 2023. Presumably the sale, but after Googling there's suggestions that...
83
83

Wood Glue
One of the drawers under my bed has fallen to pieces. Not sure if I can fix it well enough to use again, may just be a cosmetic fix to fill the space. There are zillions of PVA glues, many made by Evo...
14
14

[OT] A hailstorm in June!
Outside temperature 23 C! Darkness! Car alarms sounding! It must be the End of the World!
20
20

Reddit
Some Reddit users have noticed that they can't sign-in to their accounts anymore on mobile, as the option to do so has been removed for them. Reddit has made it difficult in the past for users to...
4
4

Talking microwave stopped workingyesterday.
Now I'm not nowadays the sort of person who would open a Microwave, considering how high the capacitors inside might be charged, but yesterday my Talking Microwave from Cobolt just stopped. The fuse...
45
45

Low-profile horizontal sliding mechanism
Following my earlier thread, I want to mount two computer monitors side by side on a base which can slide across the surface of a desk to bring either monitor into a central position. I'd like the...
37
37

Fire incident
(Having a bit of a mutter here...) There was a fire a couple of weeks ago down the road from us which destroyed the roof and top floors of a 3-storey block of flats and (I assume) waterlogged the...
67
67

Sun sail Installation ideas
Hi all, I have a sun sail that I have never installed. It is a bit like this one end it would be at the house wall but there is nothing on the 3 sides to attach it to. I am trying to think of a way of...
1
1

Amplifier used at 6 volts and not the correct 9 volts.
Have an external Sony Speaker Amplifier SRS T1 that can plug into a Radio. It runs of four AA batteries. It could also run off a 9 volt power supply mains transformer, but i don't have one. I do have...
10
10

That's annoying!
Now happily recording daytime TV film offerings for evening watching using my BT set top box. Recently some films have acquired an annoying *voice over* explaining trivial actor movements during non...
43
43

photoshopping
Or rather gimping ... I have a paper document I want to scan and clean-up, unfortunately it's printed on government department (not very well bleached) paper, and was badly photo-copied at some point...
10
10

Solvent
I made the mistake of peeling off one of those stickers they put on book covers for unknown reasons. I got most of the sticker off but much of the glue from the sticker remains and it's sticky....
10
10

UK National Electric Grid has changed to DC
At the moment, shows the mains frequency as 0.000Hz. G. B. National Grid status G. B. National Grid status
47
47

Car/Caravan breakdown cover
Renewal time, so what's worth having? I need the option of recovery back to home, of the entire outfit, even if the caravan is on a site, at time of breakdown/not on tow.
7
7

Shoe heel repairs with mouldable rubber type material?
There seem to be a number of variations on mouldable type rubber (synthetic?) but is there a particularly hard wearing one that could be used for shoe heel repairs? I have a couple of pairs of...
15
15