Subject Author Posted Replies

Is Google off line?
Anyone want to try and see if it works for them in the next 2 minutes and post back?
6
6

Exchanging 3 way valve, valve?
Hi, A while back I asked about a motorised 3 way ch/hw valve that was giving the symptoms of allowing ch when hw was called for. I got the chance to test the valve from cold yesterday. Removed the...
14
14

Damage to underground cable outer
I was attacking the ivy on the side of my garage with a spade and accidentally bashed a cable that goes from the house to the garage. The outer sheath has a nick where it bends into the wall. Do I...
21
21

Question re loft water tank, plumbing
I am refurbishing the bathroom but getting a plumber to disconnect water , I will then tile walls & floor remove sanitry ware and replace. plumber has said that the only thing the loft water tank is...
29
29

Where to get washers for old taps
1960's build and probably the original basin and bath pillar taps. The 1/2" basin tap has a flat washer of 13/16" (20mm) dia. The 3/4" bath tap has a flat washer of 1 3/16" (29mm) dia. Been to two...
13
13

Cat5E RJ45 modular socket - good source?
I've just diagnosed a fault with the wired Ethernet in the house (diagnostic testers are a great help). The tester showed that Pin 1 was not connected. After some squinting into the socket - fair...
9
9

Realistic claims for solar pv
How realistic are the manufacturers claims for energy produced by their solar pv panels. If they claim 2kw howlikel is this to be true/realistic ?
141
141

OT: Good news regarding the UK car industry at last.
The fuss about fried protein is going to keep the stupid Brexit tossers going for years. More mileage than that from bent bananas and far easier to get to grips with than a declining car industry....

Electrical question....
At risk of saying you probably don't want to start from here, but... Short answer is you can't. Even if you had a time delayed RCBO (not even sure such a thing exists), then that would not offer...
24
24

Building a veg plot irrigation system.....
Ebay have loads of small 12V centrifugal pumps, timers, soil conductivity meters and small bore tubing. I bought quite a lot of the stuff. Easy to use over a season and the tubing can be reused or...
11
11

thermostatic mixer oddity
A couple of months ago I fitted a thermostatic mixer for a friend to provide warm water to an outside tap for dog showering purposes. I was a little uneasy about it working well with a gravity HW...
5
5

Why NHS /GP patient records
Why is there not one single patient record system, rather than the fragmented system we presently have? Every test, result and appointment I have with my GP goes on my patient record on the GP's...
54
54

Abused word
Gripe - I think the title "Engineer" is widely abused. The bloke in the white van who services my boiler is not an engineer - he is a mechanic. The person who designed the boiler and worked out how to...
110
110

henhouse
I've finally got the new henhouse done. This link leads to a pdf explaining all about it, and some photographs. I hope all this is useful to anyone contemplating a similar project.
38
38

OT: internet/router question....
Since you guys helped me out with my problems a work..... At home, i'm browsing Youtube and it's telling me that some videos aren't available in my country. Odd as they are just generic UK pop stuff....
38
38