Subject Author Posted Replies

re hammond drawer runners (2023 Update)
we have brand new runners for hammond drawers for sale
2
2

Flea speed only 4.25mph?!
This page claims fleas jump at 4.25mph, surely we'd be able to see them then? When a flea jumps it vanishes, your eye can follow an object at a brisk walking speed surely?
6
6

Toilet extract fan wiring question
This is as much a "how to do it neatly with minimum junction boxes" as it is about how the rules apply, but here goes anyway... We are installing a new toilet cubicle downstairs for my M-I-L who is...
10
10

Using RCBO as RCD
Running out of space in the consumer unit, and the split-load kits only allow 2 x RCDs. It occurred to me I could use an RCBO in one of the 'high integrity' ways next to the main switch, and link the...
15
15

Aqualisa Shower Dripping
Hi, I have a Aqualisa shower which I'm having a bit of a mare with. It was leaking from the wall outlet and the mixer. Sorted the wall outlet and then the fun begain. It only leaked when in use but it...
1
1

OT Hazard warning lights and hard braking
Well I never knew that. They turn on automatically if you slam the brakes on. First time that has happened and I have done 100000 miles in that van.
90
90

OT: car tyres
I went to Kwikfit (*) this morning to get the tyres checked. I was told it was 'advisory' to replace a tyre five years after the date of manufacture. I have never heard this before. Is it correct?...
108
108

Firefox disabling add-ons
FF has just put up a message on my screen telling me it has disabled several add-ons, including Adblock and Ghostery, but also a couple I'd never heard of or thought I was using, Blue gradients and...
29
29

CD-ROM drive.
Attempting to fix an Audio Solutions CD jukebox. Basically a CD player with an HD that you can rip CDs to. HD and CD look to be standard PC parts. It the CD player drawer which is sticking. Won't open...
29
29

OT On fracking (economics)
Interesting one this. The U.S. fracking industry could implode when investors begin to demand “real returns” -- and trigger wider damage, according to a new book. The U.S. fracking industry could...
62
62

Circles on water damaged monitor?
I'm interested as to how this happened: formed circles, after the monitor got wet (ok, my cat "scented" it, which I assume is salty water) - why the circles? I can't believe the "water" physically...
45
45

OT Only three road sweepers out this morning at 5.30
Set off at 5.30am and drove 5 miles down the Tour de Yorkshire route into Barnsley town centre to drop the gf off for work. Only three? Doncaster had five out yesterday morning when I went to work.
2
2

Kitchen units advice please
Not for the kitchen but for the home office (or junk room). It does look pretty straightforward; a straight run of work surface roughly 2,400 mm across the room with two pan drawer units under, one at...
20
20

Wire-brushing a shed - tool for the job?
Wow -- such a consensus, and so quickly! Of Course! Power washer! I never thought of that, even though I've used mine for stripping my own garden seat, and (using the special revolving jet thingy) for...
10
10

When did this earthing last meet standards?
Looking round a house (with a kitchen refit done in 2013 and a boiler in 2010...) and came across some bare wire earths Undersized bonding | jbb1003 | Flickr Undersized bonding | jbb1003 | Flickr...
22
22