Subject Author Posted Replies

Beware compostable pedal-bin liners
I have a 10-litre pedal bin in the kitchen for kitchen waste - food scraps, meat and veg trimmings, some food wrappers, etc. As I live on my own now, it takes a little while to fill it to a point...
74
74

"generator style plugs both ends"
Thought this was questionable before I saw the photos. Then I knew it was dodgy. reviews don't apply to that item, but "As a plus my 4 yr old grandson uses it as a extending hose pipe when he's...
13
13

One for Bill Wright - Emley Moor Masts
photo of Emley Moors twin masts from as close as you can get you them for those that cannot see it. I just happened to be passing on my way home from looking at a job and I am sure others will...
17
17

Under Floor Ventilation
I'm looking to improve the ventilation to a suspended timber floor with some new vents - they'll open to an outside path that has built up over the years to near internal floor level. I see there's...
11
11

Low NE reading lighting circuit on an EICR
Only posting to point out the point of testing and keeping proper records for additions to electrical circuits. Today's first job was to sort the low ME reading. A work colleague had already...
3
3

Outdoor wood paint for barge boards – recommendati ons please
Need to paint the barge boards on the roof of the house, which type / brand of paint is suggested? Wood is currently painted a brown colour and is starting to flake off. TIA Arthur
3
3

Sorting rust
Hi all I have an old trailer which has a fair amount of surface rust on the chassis where the original paint has come off. I have it propped against a wall now so thought I might as well have a go at...
12
12

scam alert on mobiles
I think this is a carefully crafted one to make people not complain but still make money. You obtain a bank of innocent looking number that are pricey, but not actually extortionate, say beginning...
49
49

Mira Electric shower not heating up
Have had one of these (10.8Kw) for the last 10+ years, used daily. 3 years ago or so the water temperature started to play up (would turn cold suddenly when in use), and at the advice received here I...
16
16

"This is BT, there is a problem with your internet.."
I kept them going 28 minutes and 5 seconds before I innocently said 'run isnt a linux program though, is it?' He just hung up on me. How rude. When I was being so helpful.
11
11

R.A. loudspeakers
Looking though fleabay for some outdoor speakers, I was briefly sidelined by this offering. 'm confused. There are no tales of oxygen-free suffocating virgins, directionally gold laden with palladium...
14
14

strip foundations
New greenhouse going up 4m x 3m roughly. Aluminium frame with glass. any recommendations for foundations. Its on good firm ground
8
8

H0V55-F cable
What is it? It doesn't seem to exist.
9
9

acetone
Nice with ice and lemon. Tim
19
19

Balancing photo-voltaic system?
The other thing to note is that shading 20% of a panel drops its output by much more than 20%, for the same reason. NT
10
10