Subject Author Posted Replies

13A sockets useless for charging electric cars?
Just came across this topic on another forum: or: comments from the experts here? Golborne Vintage Radio 13A sockets for charging electric cars 13A sockets for charging electric cars
133
133

Cable/Pipe detector
Any recomends/avoids? The reviews of models that have a good overall rating still have a significant number of bad ones. These don't obviously appear to be from dimwits suffering from "operator error"...
19
19

shower tray waste issue
When I put in our shower, there was a joist partly in the way. I used a shallow waste, with an elbow mounted straight onto it, dropping down the side of the joist and notched the joist (and the...
21
21

Parking ticket - Pay up? Fair cop?
A random act of kindness went bad recently when I parked the car and a lady said there was a hour left on the parking she had paid for so gave me the ticket. I chucked it on the dashboard and thought...
116
116

Gabions
should they be neatly filled or does it not matter? ....
27
27

Apprentice about to take paternity leave
The mind boggles. 2 weeks off because he has knocked up some woman.
54
54

landrover evoke
does it know its arse from its elbow ? .....
1
1

Keeping potatoes ( off topic maybe)
I am wondering if anyone else is having difficulty keeping supermarket bought potatoes? I tend to buy the wonky ones from Morrisons or cheap from Tesco. I have found they are sprouting easily and tend...
28
28

worchester 24i
how likely is replacing the ignition electrodes in a Worcester 24i to fix intermittent firing up of the boiler ?.....or is it more likely to need the thingy that produces the voltage for the spark...
2
2

British Restaurants
Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's but I'm not sure....
15
15

How to determine Live switch wire
I am changing an extraction fan with timer. The old fan has 2 red and a black wire but no indication as to what one is live switch, how do I determine what one of the reds is live switch, with the...
29
29

Saab (OT)
Just sitting in a pub watching the cars going past - and was amazed how many Saabs are still around (many convertables)
61
61

Hob Tape?
Some sort of sticky tape is meant to go on the udnerside of electric hobs to cushion their support & prevent water ingress. What sort of tape is suitable? FWIW I have some butyl gloop in tape form. NT
13
13

Gas meter connection -safe?
've had smart meters installed (don't ask!) and I'm not too sure on whether or not the ribbed flexible connector to the supply is as it should be. It looks a little stretched with that tight bend at...
32
32

Iphone audio?
My car's audio system is fitted with a 30 pin plug to fit an Iphone 3 + 4. It worked and played the music contents of my Iphone 3, but now I have moved to an Iphone SE which uses a lightning plug. So...
4
4