Subject Author Posted Replies

Do you grout the corner
Hi all, We have a shower in the corner of the bathroom and have just tiled the 2 walls (one stud the other brick) it sits against. There seems to be conflicting advice as to whether the corner where...
22
22

Replacing busbar screws in MK CU
I'm very tempted to replace the M5x10 PZ2 busbar screws in my MK Sentry CUs with decent hex head screws, at least at the positions where there are multi-strand cables or multiple single-strand cables....
3
3

Argentinian power cuts
So the failure of just one hydro electric station caused it?
27
27

Wanker of the day
The driver had to get out and push after getting stuck on a flooded road in Leicestershire. The driver had to get out and push after getting stuck on a flooded road in Leicestershire.
43
43

Is there some problem at NatWest?
Some of there phone numbers are not responding at all, other when you get through are not being answered. Two hours so far, listening to Muzak.
7
7

rotating sills
You need to find a qualified building inspector.
11
11

Re: Screw Caps / Covers
Have you tried Pinterest ? I find major suppliers will generally send a few samples f.o.c.if you are regitered with them UK based Plastic & Rubber component manufacturer, providing a range of products...

Screw Caps / Covers
I?m looking for a particular style of screw cap / cover to replace a one or two which have got lost. They really need to match. The style is as follows. Two parts. One part is top hat shaped. The brim...
6
6

Dyson V59 charger - Replace?
I have a charger for a Dyson V59. The nominal output voltage is 26v. My meter shows the actual output voltage when not charging is 23.1v I use the charger with a Dyson V6 and when I put the V6 on the...
11
11

OT Ban on slug pellets coming up.
In case you want to stock up. The UK government might not be doing a lot to impress anybody of late but one very recent announcement by Environment Secretary Michael Gove is to be [...]
19
19

puddled clay
Nineteen years ago friend dug a 400m2 1.5 m deep pond on the slope of a chalky hillside and puddled clay as a liner. After two years the water started disappearing during the summer and now it is dry....
7
7

Fluorescent tube LED replacment
I have an old 56w 5' fluorescent light and every now and again the tube goes out and then comes back on again all with a bit of a thump and a bang (knocking sound). The ends of the tube are starting...
44
44

adhesive
My mobile phone has a "rubber" casing fixed to its plastic body, which is coming unstuck. The internet says (so it must be true) that the casing is TPE. I say that Evostik doesn't adhere to it. Has...
10
10

Healthy fat hidden in dirt may fend off anxiety disorders
Healthy fat hidden in dirt may fend off anxiety disorders Neuroscience News, MAY 29, 2019 Summary: 10(Z)-hexadecenoic acid, a fatty acid found in the soil based bacterium Mycobacterium vaccae,...
7
7

EV Charging in the UK
Sure. You could pay extra for some KWHs. Free fuel is really appealing to some people. If they advertise free charging, then it's not stealing. I've never seen that, but I suppose it happens. The...
44
44