Subject Author Posted Replies

diameter of holes for extractor fans?
Hello, My hob has a cooker hood above it but it has been installed in re-circulation mode. If I change the carbon filter it might absorb smells but it will not do anything about steam, so I would like...
13
13

non-stick saucepans and caustic soda!
I have had good performance from separate non-stick sheets - long lasting and inexpensive to replace when they eventually wear out. <>Chris Baking Tray Liner. Incredibly non-stick liner for cake tins,...
19
19

Bloody knew it when I started work on this job.
A lying customer. I gave him loads of chances to tell me what he actually wanted when I started the job. He has done nothing but lie. It was quite obvious from the start that he was going to be...
51
51

Cable crimps
I don't make many crimped joints but like to keep a few crimps in stock for when needed and I've reached the point where I need to stock up with a few more red ones. CPC are selling Pro Power and...
7
7

giving up
just to let you all know I am giving up my amateur Psychology .....
41
41

Drawing
Do you need a offset in a coal fire chimney flue to make it draw or is it just an old wives tale? ..
10
10

Magic mitre
Anyone want a used Magic Mitre? works a treat, I just don't do that sort of job any more. Could probably ship via Hermes for approx £5. Looking for £15. In-Store video demonstration of the Magic...
5
5

Adding a Socket
I'd like to add a socket in the kitchen as a spur. What are the regs regarding positioning? I'd like to put the new socket on the outside of a kitchen cabinet, pretty much back to back with an...
18
18

Keeping paint brushes soft between coats
What's the best way to keep paint brushes from going hard between coats, using oil-based paint? I don't want to wash them out in turps sub every time I use them. ATM I'm wrapping them in a poly-bag,...
12
12

Turning TV into a mirror
Hi All We are redoing our bedroom and was thinking of making a surround for the TV to make it look like a picture frame. I have seen a similar idea online but cleverly they have put a special mirror...
15
15

wiska gel junction boxes
For those that live too far north of TLC land, has anyone seen these in screwstation or similar? <> Wiska Mini Gel Insulated Junction Box Size 3 | Wiska (TLCMJB3)
5
5

OT It'll be Winter heating allowance next!
OTHER pensioner benefits could be at risk in the wake of the BBC decision. OTHER pensioner benefits could be at risk in the wake of the BBC decision.
25
25

Lesson for today
If you are stripping paint using a blowtorch and some of the paint may fall still on fire then using one of those loosely woven cotton dust sheets to catch the debris isn't too good an idea. The flake...
15
15

Three lane roads ....
With everybody wanting to overtake I think they should bring back the three lane A road........all 1950s three lane roads have now been converted to two lanes but why not bring the three lane road...
148
148

“I will secure the line”
When dealing with large organisations, when you are on the phone and are about to give your card details, they sometimes say they will secure the line. What can they possibly be doing? Are they able...
7
7