Subject Author Posted Replies

sink outlet and gully trap
I cannot see anything in the wiki so maybe someone can tell me what I need to make a new connection from a 40mm plastic sink waste into what gully trap and thence discharging into an existing foul...
4
4

Re: Cromalin
(a) Printing It was originally a photographic process. They now have a digital version -- basically a colour-calibrated high-res inkjet print. You would laminate a substraight for each color...
1
1

OT: A poets vision of London
We wonder,?and some Hunter may express Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace, He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess What powerful but...
6
6

OT Macdonalds
They are called secretaries not typewriters these days.
62
62

Dremel die Grinders - 240V vs. 110V question
Short version: Anyone know if the 240V Dremels differ from the 110V one in the motor windings, or the controller? Longer version: I have a variable speed 240V Dremel. The (cheap, internal) speed...
3
3

Failing USB HDD question
I have grown to fear Linux Kernel upgrades, as the reboot required rarely goes smoothly ... I can work around the various software issues, but something seems to hammer my USB drives. So yesterday,...
16
16

Converting energy meter readings
I want to use a comparison site to, well, compare energy suppliers. I know my total meter readings for the year, but I want to convert to kWh. I know my gas meter is metric and assume all electric...
8
8

Re: Stopping condensation on underside of asbestos outhouse roof...
+1 on adding polystyrene (sp) panels to he underside of the corrugated sheet though as t.o.p was concerned about the condensation rotting the joists/purlins perhaps insulation in the form of expanding...

Re: URINAL....
I saw LO05 BOG on van for a company that supplied portable toilets for location filming. for anyone who can work out what was being filmed: the clues are there in the photo (location and actor's...
6
6

Iphone FaceTime - possible on 2G ?
A friend is convinced his Iphone is using 2G, but he uses Facetime which works full speed. I think he is misreading what it says on the screen and that he must be on 4G. Is FaceTime even possible on...
8
8

OTish Solar Batteries Economics
Solar battery storage systems cost £1,200-£6,000 in the UK. What factors influence the solar battery storage system costs? Read our thorough guide and learn all tips and info about solar batteries!...
23
23

OTish: VM downsize
Another increase from Virgin (£3.50 month). We're well out of contract, and currently getting a bundle, but it's £50/ month, and all I really want now is the broadband. Can anyone advise on the best...
4
4

OT: Apollo guidance computer
I expect some here may find this interesting, the original source code for the Apollo guidance computer (AGC) as used in the command module and lunar lander: if you want to run it, there is a virtual...
25
25

Re: fart cans
On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 10:10:33 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: Momentarily turn off the ignition, or at least, that's how it used to work. DAMHIKT!
2
2

Heat loss/resistance in CH system
I'm about to relocate a couple of radiators, and plan to loop some 10mm plastic pipe behind the skirting boards into the 15mm main run. Is there a calculation/formula that determines what losses are...
23
23