Subject Author Posted Replies

Taking road cycling to new heights? | Szymon Godziek flips over Tour de Pologne
Taking road cycling to new heights? | Szymon Godziek flips over Tour de Pologne on Aug 5, 2017 Polish mountain-bike slopestyler Szymon Godziek jumps over the peloton of the Tour de Pologne. Godziek...

Re: Tips for cleaning badly soiled underwear
How is *he* making a terrible mess of his *wife's* drawers? Owain
16
16

Assembling a three-seater sofa
Owain, That's an interesting thought, and makes sense. I looked at all three units to see if I could find a maker's label to aid checking, but there isn't one.
12
12

Under cabinet (i.e. in plinth/kick area) drawers - anyone done this?
+1, I have some under my bed. The plastic lids are good because they catch all the dust.
7
7

trees
Since there will be presumably no coal flue ash to make 'breeze' blocks from, and gas fired brick kilns might be outlawed along with boilers, maybe we'll be using more wood for houses by then?
6
6

Changes to bank web security
Various banks are warning me that they will change the security arrangements for accessing their online accounts. There appears to be a need to be able to use their mobile phone app. Should I conclude...
83
83

Re: Nope, Earth Isn't Cooling
It's an old technique in the 'global warming' industry that's been used before - and it's about as authoritative as 'hide the decline' was in its day. As the article says: "...understanding global...
33
33

Single Brick House Questions
HI, I've been reading about single brick House difficulties. I'm thinking about buying an old cottage which is single brick. Nobody can get a mortgage on it- and the price hs obviously been reduced...
24
24

mx294
Does he not mind dealing with a known snitch, then, Jim? How many times have your shit your pants today, Jim? And, Jim, how many times have your shit your wife?s drawers today, too? Thanks, Jim.
5
5

Stopcock emoji ??
Is there an emoji - or several - for the sort of water tap that goes under the edge of the pavement or the sort indoors near where the water enters the premises? And, if so, how do I enter it/them in...
5
5

trams were cool ...
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated the question : Not that cool, my bikes front wheel kept dropping into the tracks. I lost count of the number of times I ended up at the terminus, stuck in the track lol
33
33

All Done by Electricity 1968
been shown on Talking Pictures. Some nice old fuseboards, modern 3 pin plugs, and a gentleman gets electrocuted in the bath while his wife does the ironing. Owain
57
57

Tool Stand - Which one?
Opinions please. Was about to order the Evolution stand but noticed a Parkside one coming up on Thursday 01/08/2019. The Parkside says: "Includes 2 additional tool holder sections for more mounting...
6
6

Wallpaper off - next prepare wall for paint
In the process of house restoration the boss has decided that tatty wallpaper has to come off and if walls suitable paint applied instead. (New Wallpaper is to be considered only as a very last...
7
7

low-level stair/night lights
Looking for low-level night lights (not interested in plug-in ones), most seem to have their own mounting frames, or metal clips into a plasterboard hole that I could see working loose. I found these...
3
3