Subject Author Posted Replies

Paros - the Greek paradise island that wants to ditch plastic
Paros - the Greek paradise island that wants to ditch plastic By Jessica Bateman, 19 Aug 2019 The sun dips towards the sea on Xifara beach as Stella Cervello walks along, picking up handfuls of...

Looking for contactor - 12v coil, 40A 240v contacts?
HI Folks As the subject says - can't seem to find a contact that operates off 12volts on the coil, and is rated to switch 40+ amps @ 240v a/c. Does such a thing exist - or do I have to use a a slave...
19
19

OT: Just rewards for most.
As income level does tend to have a relation to status and intelligence, there is a blissful justice in seeing the knuckle draggers hit the food banks. Sadly if there is a border across Ireland, there...
1
1

Wasps - everywhere ! ?
Today I have sent quite a few sluggish acting wasps to meet their maker - not quite sure what the score is there. However, over the past few weeks, we appear to have been inundated with the buggers...
16
16

small cord clamps
could I source these? There to clamp nylon fishing line on a conservator blind. Many thanks...
4
4

OT: Every Cloud :-)
Looking forward to splashing the sterling out on what remains of Screwfix. At least Screwfix now seems reasonably cheap here, but I am paid in Euro :-) There's a fine line between fishing and just...
2
2

Virgin Media Contractual URLs needed
The present circumstances, the explanation of how they were reached would be long and unnecessary, are :- (A) A friend has a newish Virgin Media contract for broadband and telephone. (B) My friend has...
12
12

OT:What a Bloody Hilarious fiasco
One thought that the UK couldn't possibly look more stupid and incompetent when it sent May, Davis & co to be totally outclassed in Europe. Brexit is starting to look like the actions of a country...
4
4

Bathroom paint advice please
Bathroom paint advice please The walls are Multifinish Plaster (over blue water resistant boards (stuck over kingspan with firefoam)) Something that will stand up to splashes and steam better than...
10
10

Silicone and shower screen
I was watching a video clip and they recommend to silicone on the external side of the shower screen and not both sides as water could get trapped, ok I understand that. I would have thought however...
9
9

OT: Even sensible papers have lost the plot.
Does it matter a jot how the idiots want to screw themselves. They blew it two years back. I wish the morons would just get on with it and leave in the quickest quietest fashion. The sooner the...

Machining a groove in wood
I have a 800mm piece of wood that I want to cut a 5mm wide grove in (to a depth of about 6mm). I don?t have a router but I do have a cheap pillar drill. Is there a bit that I could use (with a...
31
31

Open Banking - what?
One of my bank accounts is pestering me to join 'Open Banking'. Anyone know anything about it please?
16
16

d-i-y Nas. Hard drive makes?
Hi all, Still playing with the idea of putting together a couple of NAS's, one for me (because) and one for daughter as she want's to get all her photos together in one place (or 'copies of' at...
46
46

OT: Any of the British Idiots Vote for this freak?
Not only does the UK have a "device" they didn't vote for in No 10, but he is little more than a puppet of the equally unelected phsycopath. Deep Joy and happiness! One couldn't make it up :-) The...