Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Audio cassette to mp3
If you have a decent deck, much better. Obviously most pcs still have analogue inputs and outputs via 3.5mm jacks, get a phono to jack adaptor and use a bit of software like Audacity or Goldwave. If...
8
8

Amount of light needed in 1.8 metre square wet room?
Another question about our new shower/wet room. How much light do we need? It has enough daylight so the lighting will only be used when it's dark outside. There will be one (somewhat off centre)...
14
14

'Dual Fuel' towel rails - recommendations and comments wanted
We want to put a 'dual fuel' towel rail in our new shower room. As far as I can see these are just about always a normal hot water CH towel rail with an add-on electric heater (200 watt typically). Is...
9
9

I don't think LED is the answer for this one
Swapping 1000W HQI fittings for 240W LEDs. And any chance it could mess up any filming due to strobe effects?
24
24

HP 4500 all in on scanning problem
My HP4500 has decided to play up. Unusually not the printing side, but the scanning side. When it's powered on and goes through it's check cycle a *horrid* noise comes out of it - clearly misaligned...
3
3

YT: Cheap Crimpers: IWISS IWS-2820M against Engineer PA-09?
"Cheap or Expensive" 't chip hair or 13 Amp ring main, this is for mini-crimps, as used in the maker community. R-Pi etc.... throwing out a rachet type, I recently sprung (getit?) £40 for the PA-09....
1
1

OT: Question for any yachties here
Why can it take only two crew members to sail Greta (and her father?) over to the climate conference in South America, yet require four, (possibly six if you include those two already on board) to...
17
17

Power outage
Our latest power outage, one of almost 10 in the last two months according to the girlie at UK Power Networks, lasted 11 hours yesterday. I'm wondering about getting a small genny installed to mostly...
38
38

DPD
Has DPD's tracking become a little less good? Previously when the van rolled out of the depot (usually between 8:30 and 9:00am) it texted you the details of the one hour delivery slot, and the...
16
16

TV: Inside Aldi
Monday, 26 Aug 2019, 9pm Not sure if it's the same series as last night's programme on pimple squeezing, if it is I don't want to see what they do to the fruit and veg. Owain
4
4

Hosed the bathroom by mistake!
In the final stages of completing the bathroom refurbishment. So connect the tap and the waste drain, connected the two flexi hoses to the tap and then just the hot to the incoming pipe, thought to...
26
26

Solar Panel actual output over day/year versus theoretical output
On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 22:53:32 +0100, newshound > wrote: We currently have a 5W panel trying to maintain charge on a small sealed battery (~16Ah) to run an electric fence (~50mA) round daughters...
25
25

money laundering
guy just came to my door tonight with £12000 cash to buy a car he had viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to come with me to the bank tomorrow to state where the money came...
16
16

slowing down on a motorway
does anybody think that you should slow down on the inside lane of the motorway before joining the off ramp?....if you do you are most annoying....you should only slow down in the deceleration slip...
13
13

joining a motorway
do you need to indicate when you are joining a motorway or is it obvious to others what you are doing ? ...
127
127