Subject Author Posted Replies

reverse flow radiator
l want to install a 1600 flat vertical radiator but my pipes come through the ceiling. l dont want the pipes to run down along the wall, so is it possible to have the feed coming in through the top...
3
3

Weird light issue
Hi All, A friend was around yesterday and she was describing an issue she is having with one of her lights. In the bathroom she has a number of spot lights (believed to by 240v) and when switch on,...
13
13

Kitchen unit fitting sequence - base then wall cupboards?
We are about to use kitchen units from Benchmarx to fit out an office. Nothing much; just one tall wall cupboard and two pan drawer units. I've downloaded the fitting instructions and hints, and one...
19
19

Using phosphoric acid on sheet steel
Hi all, I have a steel BBQ which I am looking to derust using phosphoric acid. The acid is very runny and the BBQ far too big to dip it into a container of acid. I was wondering what the best method...
12
12

Flashing red light on WR1
Before you do anything silly/expensive this is usually paired with the room thermostat and receives wireless signal from it and the red flashing light is probably telling you that the batteries need...

Stolen motorhome
Mate has just had his brand new camper van stolen from outside his house. Luckily, it has a tracker, and they located it about 3 miles away. Lots of damage done to the electrics and so on. But they...
60
60

Roof question
As part of an extension I need to construct a pitched roof quite close to a window (the ridge plate is parallel to the window wall) so plan to have a flat section outside the window to minimise the...
5
5

o-ring seals
I bought a new bottle trap for under the sink, there is the tiniest of leaks, maybe about a couple tablespoons overnight, its coming from the bottom part (the trap) that screws on to the top part, I...
13
13

Third law
How come it needs much less effort to hold an electric sander against the work than it does to do the work manually? Bill
22
22

Options for switching electrically heated towel rail in wet room?
We're aiming to put an electrically heated (as well as CH heated) towel rail in the new shower/wet room. How are these normally switched on and off? Possibilities seem to me to be:- 1 Pull switch, but...
30
30

cleaning tiled floor
Have a kitchen with a ceramic tiled floor ... this week too out all the kitchen units, in readiness for new kitchen. The difference between tiles under units and those not - is significant. Obviously...
10
10

Soil Stack Boss Identification
Soil stack in the corner of the kitchen. Photos - The rubber washer in the boss has been crushed meaning I can no longer make a good seal. I've tried a couple of other washers but neither are giving a...
8
8

When did the meaning of traffic lights change?
Out and about today. It seems that red means stop, amber get ready and green, what a lovely colour lets admire it. OK let's think about moving, slowly n ow in case it changes again. Frustrating.
48
48

Extending single core.
Typical a job just got bigger Having to fit a 200x90 extract duct through an external wall (Timber fame-cavity-brick) Brickwork cut neat, cut inside dry lining fine ... removed insulation and three...
7
7

A nuisance caller actully got through - Energy Direct Trust
She got through my call blocker by giving a name, the first time ever one has had the gumption to get through. Energy Direct Trust/ Energy Direct. 016117130272 and 01618205970 They see to be genuine...
13
13